General > Happy Meeple community

Happy Meeple recovery making progress

(1/3) > >>

Jimmy V.:
A quick note to let you know that we are making progress in putting things back in place after our server hard disk crashed.

As you can see the forum is back online.

The main website is also basically working. I have just played a game there without any issue. However it is not open yet as there is still one major issue to fix. Some pages don't want to load as they should.

After this is solved, there will be other things to check and to restore. Hopefully they will not take too long. But I can't be sure as bad things are always around the corner.

Happy Meeple will not be back online tonight (UK time). I hope we can have it online tomorrow though. Fingers crossed!

Jimmy V.:
Happy Meeple is now back online.

We hope that everything is back in order, but nothing is less certain.

By all means, please let us know if you think something is unusual. It may be the sign of an issue!

Many thanks for your help! (and for your patience!)

Carolyn:
Just wondering, did our improvements, such as roads continue to age while Happy Meeple was down?

Guest 134529:
Very happy to see you back!  I just play 4 games - Migrato, Siberia, Finito, Lost Cities - no problems on the first three.  Lost Cities might have lost a tiny bit of data.  I've been tracking my progress.  I won my game but was surprised to see that neither my rating nor my experience went up from where it was last time.  So I think that somehow a game was dropped.  I'm not concerned about that - just very happy you guys are back on line.  I only mention it because you stated that little things might be a sign of an issue.  I hope not.  But if it is, I hope this little clue helps you track it down.

Welcome back!  :D

Jimmy V.:
Carolyn,
Buildings only age when you use food. So the downtime did not affect any building.

Guest,
Thanks for the information!
The latest database backup dated from 08h15 UK time on Sunday. If you did anything after that, it was lost forever unfortunately. I think things went wrong around 10h00.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version