Author Topic: Tips  (Read 24407 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Tips
« on: 11/02/16, 10:42am »
Here are a few tips to improve your experience.

Free bonus cards are available at the bottom of the main menu page. Click on them to find out what you have earned! Click a second time to actually get the reward!
Come back there often as a new card will appear within a few minutes!

Sometimes players open a table in the inn and wait for an opponent for their favorite game. They go surfing on another window and forget about the game. Someone joins but after 2 minutes, the game is lost.
The best way to avoid this if to turn on sound effects (Fx). A bell will ring when the game starts.
If you don't want to have sound effects on, you can make sure to surf in the same window as Happy Meeple (open a new tab). Indeed, the title of the Happy Meeple tab will blink when a new game starts. So if you are surfing in the same window, you will see that and switch back to Happy Meeple.

You normally need to have the white meeple for a game to play it online. However there is a way to bypass this. Someone who already has the white meeple can invite you to his table via a link. All you need to do is simply click on the link and you will join him. This is a nice way to invite new players to the platform. Even if they don't have an account, they will be able to play against you in a few seconds. A guest account will be created automatically for them. So use the link to your table.

Magic Potion gives you unlimited play as well as some extra benefits like the possibility of playing against a bot more quickly. You can get it in the market (when it is open). Read about Magic Potion here.

To get more food and play more, the easiest way is to go to the market. But there are many more ways. We suggest to build your world (see the castle). Roads and granaries will help you a lot in the long term if you don't have Magic Potion.

Gold coins let you buy Magic Potion as well as resources (wood, bricks, stone) to build buildings. These buildings will let you store and produce more food. They are very helpful if you don't have Magic Potion. Here are the main ways to earn gold.

In any chat, you Like a message by clicking on the green meeple next to it.
You can reopen a closed chat by clicking on the H letter in the top-right corner of any chat window. This will show your chat history. From there, you just need to find the name of the player and click on the bubble next to it.

You can add a player to your friends list by clicking on the little heart next to his name. A red heart will be displayed next to your friends. You can unfriend by clicking on the heart again. When you "friend" someone, this person will see the information in his Daily Meeple and be able to add you to his friends list easily too.

If you need to change team (country), please go to the settings page. Alternatively, you can also go to the rankings page and click at the bottom of the 2nd ranking list on the button "Change region".

You can see your profile (with history and stats) by clicking the little grey meeple in the menu bar (top left of the main menu page).
You can see other players' profile by clicking on their name.

You can post in the forum immediately. No need to register again. If you are logged in your Happy Meeple account, you are logged in the forum. We like to hear from you. Please let us know what you think!

Daily Quests give you a little challenge each day. They are a good way to earn King's favours which you can use to customize your world (click on the houses to customize them). If a daily quest seems too difficult to complete, come back the next day, the next quest will probably be easier.

« Last Edit: 26/01/21, 09:19am by Happy Meeple »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Tips
« Reply #1 on: 27/04/16, 12:14pm »
This "tips" page has just been updated.
« Last Edit: 27/04/16, 12:51pm by Happy Meeple »

Mike Y.

« Reply #2 on: 09/12/17, 01:52pm »
Hai

i like this site and most of the games
my tip to you ; what i see is most of the time there are no more than ca. 12 players online
this is because online games cost 10 to 12 food so you can only play 1 game online
and maybe after visiting one of the ad. sites 2 or 3
give players more food and more storage
getting people to your site is one thing, keeping them there is much more important.
most of the players are not willing to pay for gold/food.
more players visiting will sell more ads and earn you money.

keep it up

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 16/12/17, 10:16am »
This "tips" page has just been updated.

Mamma P.

« Reply #4 on: 13/01/18, 11:01pm »
I agree, 2 games in and I have no more food left to play again, I have no idea how to get more food so even though this is my favourite place to play I can only play a couple of quick games before I'm forced to wander off.

Hai

i like this site and most of the games
my tip to you ; what i see is most of the time there are no more than ca. 12 players online
this is because online games cost 10 to 12 food so you can only play 1 game online
and maybe after visiting one of the ad. sites 2 or 3
give players more food and more storage
getting people to your site is one thing, keeping them there is much more important.
most of the players are not willing to pay for gold/food.
more players visiting will sell more ads and earn you money.

keep it up

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 25/02/18, 11:20pm »
the title of the Happy Meeple tab will blink when a new game starts. So if you are surfing in the same window, you will see that and switch back to Happy Meeple.
The blinking is very helpful, I agree. However the title change on the Happy Meeple tab can be problematic when the browser is set to resize tabs based on the title.

For example, when Glastonbury is about to start the tab title is:

| Glastonbury - Happy Meeple - Match 9999999 |   

and then it begins to blink and resizes to the title of

| Let's go! |

and changes titles quickly, back and forth, resizing with each blink and jerking all the browser tabs from side to side, big small big small big small:

| Let's go! |
| Let's go! |
| Let's go! |
| Let's go! |

I've accidentally closed the Happy Meeple tab trying to click on it, reloaded other tabs trying to click on it, as it quickly resizes and blinks over and over.

You could have it blink and not change the title, or lessen the difference in number of characters, more like:

| Let's go! - Happy Meeple - Match 9999999 | 

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 26/02/18, 08:25am »
Very interesting Jamie! Thanks for reporting this!

What browser is that?

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 26/02/18, 05:44pm »
Very interesting Jamie! Thanks for reporting this!

What browser is that?

So far Firefox is the only browser I've used for Happy Meeple that's set to resizable tabs. I've seen it on 3 different versions of Firefox on 2 computers.

Other browsers on those machines are vanilla and default to fixed-size tabs; I see the same title change but it doesn't matter.

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 28/03/18, 12:11pm »
You could have it blink and not change the title, or lessen the difference in number of characters, more like:

Thanks for making this change   :)

Oliver M.

« Reply #9 on: 05/10/22, 12:49pm »
Great tips, thanks