General > World, castle, market...

Wheatfield

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jamie A.:

--- Quote from: Happy Meeple on 19/11/17, 11:13am ---To solve a), we could just add a new kind of "building" like for example a lake - that would come with 100 living (and thus non-perishable) fish in it when you "build" it. Therefore no need for an extra icon for non- perishable food.

Is that what you'd like to see?
--- End quote ---
Really like that idea; best proposal for a new World item that I've heard of yet. Thumbs up! :)

What you'd also want to determine for this is the other issue I was going to raise about the Wheat fields. How does the lake 'end'?

I mean, when the fish are used up does the lake just stay there, never to be (re)built again? And how will it appear different from a lake with fish... if there are fish it has a ripple or a wave in it, with a smooth look when it doesn't have fish? Or can it be removed altogether and built again after some time has passed or with enough King's Favors?

With the Wheat field I might be missing something, because so far it seems like once we've seeded the field we have to continue indefinitely - the alternative being having a nice customized World with a rotting harvest sitting in the middle of it, which is what we seem to be stuck with now. At least, I haven't been able to find a way to remove or fix.

Jimmy V.:
I can see what you mean.

Does the wheat field rot even if you harvested its content completely?

You are right, the same issue would arise with a lake, although, it would be easy to leave it as is when empty (as a decorative element). It could also be there almost from the start, like the wheat field.

Thanks for your input.

Guest 164586:
What about if the lake replenished itself, the way food does? 

It could replenish at a much slower rate.  ex: for every 2 food, 1 fish would appear, or for every 3 food, or 5 food - or some multiple of food, add 1 fish to the lake.

Carter R.:
One idea that I have is having an upgrade of King's Favors of a windmill or another natural energy source that produces food as well.

Jamie A.:

--- Quote from: Happy Meeple on 29/11/17, 01:32pm ---Does the wheat field rot even if you harvested its content completely?
--- End quote ---
Am not certain, I know it's sitting rotted now. Would have to go through another full cycle to check.

Viewers - anyone in a position to reply to this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version