Author Topic: Forfeit Option  (Read 15049 times)

Haplo

Forfeit Option
« on: 20/03/18, 07:41pm »
Why is there no easy way to forfeit? If the games don't allow us to undo mistaken actions, then there should at least be an easy way to forfeit. This is common in chess. Please give us an option.

Regisbull

Re: Forfeit Option
« Reply #1 on: 22/03/18, 05:21pm »
I second that. In fact there are various reasons to want to leave, or simply to concede a game. Mis-click is one.

Also, in a game like Siberia or Keltis Or, it is sometimes clear before the end that one cannot win. In Keltis Or in particular, if I can see that there is no way I can still increase my score (I'm at max stones and blocked in each colour), and that my opponent already has a greater score, then there is little point going through tours and tours until the game ends.

Actually that can happen in Lost Cities too.

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 22/03/18, 05:35pm »
While I've certainly had my share of misclicks, and other times when I know I'm going to lose, I think the easiest way to forfeit is just to close the browser window and start a new game or even better yet just click the back button on the browser.

As a bonus you're at the screen where you might even get to pick a bonus card at the bottom
« Last Edit: 22/03/18, 05:37pm by Jeff M. »

Haplo

« Reply #3 on: 22/03/18, 08:55pm »
Yes, but Jeff, sometimes if a game ends that way you can be penalized and have to wait several minutes to play again. It's happened to me.

Jeremy J.

« Reply #4 on: 09/04/18, 07:35pm »
I agree with the forfeit button.

It would be nice to have but at the same point it would kind of suck to have people forfeit on me as I just enjoy playing the game itself. If I waited for a good bit to have someone just forfeit on me it would be disappointing.

Hopefully everyone playing is just here to have some fun. 

Kasia D.

« Reply #5 on: 20/08/18, 08:43am »
Hey ;) thanks for the tips ;D

Haplo

« Reply #6 on: 11/04/19, 10:56pm »
Happy for your support, Jeremy. I understand that it may be ideal to have people follow through with games until the natural end, but I honestly wouldn't mind having people forfeit early as long as I got the win and the score increase. Especially because this is a competitive platform. I would also like to see an option on Happy Meeple for casual play in which scores do not change. Then people who just want to play a game all the way through for fun only can do so.

Alex B.

« Reply #7 on: 11/04/19, 11:30pm »
Agreed on the casual option.  Perhaps something like the "training with bots" function, which does not affect one's score.

Blackshift

« Reply #8 on: 16/04/19, 02:05pm »
+1 (or rather +10) to the request above.
Seriously, why are we locked in a game once it starts ?

Currently I'm kind of into Keltis Card, and sometimes the start of the game is sooo bad that honestly, all I want to do is say "ok gg, I concede". I know, I know, sometimes if you suffer through a horrible start, you may still end up doing very well. I've won at least once with no wishing stones. But that does not mean I want to suffer through it.

@Jeremy : perhaps you don't want people "forfeiting on you", but what if your opponent is no longer having fun ? Sure, there's your fun lost as well. And I think the board game etiquette IRL is generally to finish games (although it would depend on the particular situation). But there should be the option to "propose to end the game". So that it's bilateral. If both players agree, they can stop.

I'd like to point out that I play >90% of my games against bots. I don't know the stats on the website, but it should certainly be possible to unilaterally stop a game against a bot.

Emily W.

« Reply #9 on: 19/04/19, 02:16pm »
Totally agree with the forfeit button, tho, thanks for the tips)

Alex B.

« Reply #10 on: 21/04/19, 07:38am »
At the very least forfeiting against bots should be an option. It is not as if it ruins a bot’s enjoyment of the game.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 22/04/19, 04:26pm »
Thanks for raising this point again! We will have a look at it.

Haplo

« Reply #12 on: 28/04/19, 08:57pm »
Thank goodness. I'm glad I'm not the only one pining for a forfeit option!

Also, here are other related posts:

https://www.happymeeple.com/forum/circle-the-wagons/problem-with-game-opening/

https://www.happymeeple.com/forum/keltis-the-card-game/do-over/

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 29/04/19, 11:31am »
We have worked on it in the last few days. It will come in the next update.

Haplo

« Reply #14 on: 01/05/19, 06:59pm »
 ;D Yay!  :D