General > Tips, polls, updates

Restrict tables by rating

(1/2) > >>

Jimmy V.:
Hello,

We'd like to know your opinion.

When opening a new table, we'd like to offer the option to restrict the table to a rating range.
For example, you would restrict the table to players between 1500 and 1800.

There are a few ways to that, for example, for someone with a rating of 1600:
- with limitations:
A1) choose a "symmetrical" range around your rating, for example, between 1500 and 1700, or between 1400 and 1800.
A2) choose a range of your choice around your rating, for example between 1500 And 2000,
A3) choose a min rating only for example, above 1600
A4) choose a max rating only for example, below 1600
- without limitations
A5) you can restrict the table as you wish, for example ask for players below 1100 and 1300 only, or below 1600 or above 1900.

So in essence, can the option give complete freedom or is best to allow only reasonable ranges?

Thanks for your input.

NB: Bear in mind that the feature may have consequences on the Daily Quest.
NB2: The question of playing against specific bots comes into the picture. It is probably not desirable that players always pick the same bot to play online. Probably the feature would not apply to bots.

Thanthamthomap:
I agree that the rating restriction (if possible) should only be applied for human vs human games

For the rating range, I vote for the option to let player free to create any custom range (option A5?). I would prefer a slide bar (or any feature so that I can easily select the custom range without really have to type in the actual number), or some default options with the choice to remember my last custom range (so that next time I don't have to input the number again).

Just my 2 cents!  ;D ;D ;D

Jimmy V.:
Something I forgot.

Should the range of preferred rating be:
B1) Absolute (1500-1700)
B2) Relative to your rating (-100 / +200)

John S.:

--- Quote from: Thanthamthomap on 14/10/20, 04:30pm ---I agree that the rating restriction (if possible) should only be applied for human vs human games

For the rating range, I vote for the option to let player free to create any custom range (option A5?). I would prefer a slide bar (or any feature so that I can easily select the custom range without really have to type in the actual number), or some default options with the choice to remember my last custom range (so that next time I don't have to input the number again).

Just my 2 cents!  ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

I like these ideas.  Custom range and ability for mouse only input (like slider bar) and remember the previous settings.  The benefit of playing within a custom range is being able to play against player with similar skill level. The close matches seem to be the more interesting ones and this is more likely to happen between players in a similar ratings range.

Marlene H.:
I like the idea of being able to select a range, or a minimum or maximum score.  The minimum would be very helpful for some of the daily quests. 
But I think the minimums should apply to bots as well. 
There have been times I was trying to complete a daily quest that had a minimum, and I ended up with a bot way below my level and below the minimum required for the quest. 
That's really annoying.

I think that might be more of a problem for US players, because once the Europeans log off for the night, there are usually less humans available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version