General > Tutorial, training, online play

Link to a table - invite a friend

(1/2) > >>

Jimmy V.:
Hi all,

Do you use the link that shows on your tables?

On your tables in the inn, there is a link. This link is very useful to invite friends that have never been on Happy Meeple.

Share the link with whoever you want to invite! When your friend follows the link, he is redirected to your table and you can start playing immediately. Use it to invite to your table on Skype, on Facebook or even by email!

The good thing is that it bypasses any restriction:
1) your friend does not need to have an account. A guest account is created automatically.
2) your friend does not need a white meeple to play online with you. He will join you without it. You will be the teacher.

Please note that if your friend already has an account, he will be asked to login first (so that a new guest account is not created). Other than that, the game will start immediately.

Have you used this feature? Did it work well? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Any question?

Darryn B.:
I have used this feature. It works well.

Wojtek K.:
It really works and it is nice ;)

Jamie A.:

--- Quote from: Happy Meeple on 02/02/16, 08:54am ---2) your friend does not need a white meeple to play online with you. He will join you without it. You will be the teacher.

Have you used this feature? Did it work well? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---
An old thread, however not sure if I ever saw it.

Yes, I did use this feature, and wrote rather a lengthy forum post back then about what a poor experience it was, and it relates exactly to your comment that I've quoted. 

Using the feature results in the games with the 2 minute time limit - very, very difficult to teach anybody anything, even for the new person to figure out how to take their first turn - especially when the timer is running before we've pressed the button to start the game! Certainly not time to teach them anything. Take your eye off the game to look at a message or read any screen text, instructions, anything at all, and suddenly time's up! 

So while I tried to use it as suggested, the time limit erased the benefit. My friend still won't come back here, in fact.  :(

I think it's great for you to offer the link feature though, and wish I could make more use of it.

Jimmy V.:
Thanks for the feedback! You are right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version