Author Topic: Feedback on new bonus cards  (Read 19825 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Feedback on new bonus cards
« on: 22/02/18, 06:30pm »
This is your chance to comment on the free bonus cards that you can now find at the bottom of the main menu page.
Does it work? Anything wrong?
Do you like it?

Blondie 6.

Re: Feedback on new bonus cards
« Reply #1 on: 22/02/18, 10:46pm »
it´s a pretty cool idea, great!
the motivation level is much higher now. Maybe its interesting, which is the highest profit, thats possible  :D

Guest 164586

« Reply #2 on: 23/02/18, 05:27pm »
I'm a little confused on how this works.

Four times I clicked the card and got the following results: 
1.  Unlucky
2. +1 gold  (I didn't look at my gold before clicking the card)
3. +1 gold ( I checked my gold before clicking, and the +1 gold was not added to the total I had)
4. +1 gold ( I checked my gold before clicking, and the +1 gold was not added to the total I had)

So I don't know where the bonus gold shows up, or maybe I don't know when it shows up.  But it doesn't seem to be updating.

Editing to add this note:
I went back to the main page and noticed the 1 gold card was still up and it was flashing.  So I clicked it.  It then updated my gold total to include the new gold I won.

So that's the trick.  You have to click the card again, AFTER it shows you what you won for it to be added to your total.

I'm leaving my note up, just in case anyone else has the same problem, so that they can see the solution without the busy admin having to answer it.

Thanks for the lovely site - and the new bonuses!  ;D
« Last Edit: 23/02/18, 05:37pm by Guest 164586 »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23/02/18, 05:42pm »
Thanks very much Guest for your taking the time to report this "issue" and coming back to tell the solution to everyone.

I am sure you are not the only one who did not realise clicking on the card again was necessary to actually get the bonus.

That's the reason why the card is still dancing after the first click. But it looks like we need to make it more obvious.

Maybe other players can tell us if they had trouble finding about the second click or if it was obvious to them?

Soomin H.

« Reply #4 on: 23/02/18, 05:49pm »
I also didn't know that you had to click it again until after I had gotten a couple of cards... then I just happened to click it a second time and when I saw it disappear, I figured that I had missed out on a couple of cards from not doing that previously... but other than that, I like the new lucky card feature ^.^ Maybe if there was a banner above it explaining, it would be easier?

Stephanie E.

« Reply #5 on: 23/02/18, 06:17pm »
The "shaking" card seemed like alot of effort and animation to me, so I clicked on it right away,... maybe the second card I looked at, so it was kind of obvious.  But I can see how many people might not figure that out.  Especially if they are playing on a smaller device.

Wm M.

« Reply #6 on: 23/02/18, 06:34pm »
I did click on the card the second time (prompted by the movement), but I didn't really understand that it was necessary.

It didn't occur to me that I would need to click again to "take" the reward, because I don't see a reason that I *wouldn't* collect the reward, if that makes sense.

To put it another way, if there were times that I didn't want the displayed card (rewards that were somehow "bad" for me), then the click would make sense, but if it's always something I want (or nothing), then the second click feels like an odd requirement to me.

Not a problem, exactly, but I do think it's a little confusing because there's no clear reason for the second click.

That said, many thanks for the free stuff.  ;)

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 23/02/18, 07:26pm »
I'l log another vote for I'm not sure why you need the extra click. 

I did notice it that it only counts if you click on the card.

Unless it has something to do with click counts though on the website and traffic generated for ad revenues, I prefer the one click.  It does help to get the bottom advertising banners seen better though.

SEPARATE ASIDE < me thinking out loud> : 

The other thing I'll share, and I'm not 100% set in my feelings about it, but part of me seems a bit irked about the whole thing.  It seems a bit gimmicky to me.  I know I've been proud of the gold I've "earned" thru completing quests and challenges and now to just have to click button a couple of times, and I've gotten the same amount of gold, and somehow that seems off putting.

If it's for the betterment of the site, and to help you pay for hosting such a fun platform, I'll accept that, and be glad that you can keep providing the service you do, but if it's just there to give an easy path, well then, I'm not as happy about it.

If it leads to something more interesting down the road, I'm all for it.

So that's my 2 cents as they say here in America.  I hope I haven't offended anyone, and have shared in a respectful manner.   :D

Doug F.

« Reply #8 on: 24/02/18, 01:25am »
you could get a bonus,
but remember the onus
is on you
to click it twice
for something nice.

Someone more poetic than I please feel free to modify that as you wish.

I think the cards are a nice addition to the site.  I even like that you have to click it twice, so it tells you what you won first and then credits on the second click.  That would not have been obvious to me without the chat messages (in fact I might not have noticed it yet at all), so I'd suggest changing something about the design.  Maybe put a small icon next to it that pops up a brief explanation, and make sure it's covered in an FAQ or maybe the help center on the 'earn more gold' page.

Guest 164586

« Reply #9 on: 24/02/18, 09:47pm »
Having had a bit more time to think about this since I launched this branch of the thread, I have two more thoughts; a further insight, and a suggestion.

1. I figured out why I didn't realize you have to click a second time.  Its the way the page formats on my computer.  The card is not normally visible to me.  I have to scroll down quite a bit to find it.  Once I had clicked and saw my reward, I reflexively jumped back up to the top of the page where the games are.  As a result, I didn't see the jumping card down below.

2. To make it more obvious to others who might quickly click and leave, simply add words to the card itself.  Put them above the reward.
 Something like:
Click here to claim -
(and then show the reward)

(This, of course, would not make sense on the unlucky card.)

Guest 164586

« Reply #10 on: 24/02/18, 09:49pm »
you could get a bonus,
but remember the onus
is on you
to click it twice
for something nice.

Someone more poetic than I please feel free to modify that as you wish.

Cute!  Very cute.

Thanks for the chuckle, Doug.  :D

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 24/02/18, 10:26pm »
Thanks all for the much appreciated feedback.

I have added a glowing effect on the front of the cards to make the second click more obvious.

Also, the card is sent flying to its destination when clicked for the 2nd time. In case of a "Back luck" card, it is sent away to the right (after a few seconds if you don't click on it which leave space for a new card).

Haplo

« Reply #12 on: 10/03/18, 04:15am »
The bonus cards are definitely a big plus. Thank you!

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 17/03/18, 11:38am »
Have really been enjoying the bonus cards. It doesn't bother me to be "unlucky", while at the same time it does feel like a nice bonus whenever I get something. Plus you've done a good job having a broad variety of bonuses too. It still feels like a surprise every time.

Well-implemented!   

Iris S.

« Reply #14 on: 17/03/18, 12:06pm »
I like the bonus cards! It feels exactly like a bonus. You get them in addition to playing and the bonus won't be messed up by a stuck game or unstable wifi connection (like the winning streaks).
It also took me a while to realize I had to click the once turned cards again. I don't really see the point of it, who would not want to claim the prize? Not clicking the turned card probably never happens on purpose.
I agree that the "dancing" card animation seems to be a bit too much effort. It seems to slow down the site, especially when viewd on a mobile device.