General > World, castle, market...

Lifespan

(1/3) > >>

Carlos C.:
Hello!

I used to play only against bots in training, but today I felt like playing against other players and I became surprised that not only you gain a lot of gold that way, but if you win you recover food and unlock bot players. With the aforementioned gold I am buying supplies for a granary and I noticed that lifespan information. What does that mean? After a time it crumbles? If so how much time is average?

ty

Jimmy V.:
Hi Carlos,

Yes, granaries, roads and groceries crumble after some time. The exact lifespan depends on the type of building. It is also directly related to the quantity of food you spend playing. If you only play Lost Cities, a granary will last for something like 150 games if I am not mistaken. But it is a bit more complicated than that. They last longer when you have many granaries so that the actual benefit of each extra granary is about the same as previous ones.

Granaries are in any case a better option than buying food directly from the market.

Finally, as buildings age with food eaten, they don't age when you don't play. And also, if you have magic potion, buildings do not age at all (as you don't need them).

Carlos C.:
Thanks for the explanation. Is there a countdown somewhere to track the decay?

Jimmy V.:
No there is no accurate display.

However, you'll get 2 successive warnings when your improvement is getting very old. It will also look worse in the late stages (broken roof for example for granaries).

Guest 134529:

--- Quote from: Happy Meeple on 27/07/16, 12:24pm ---No there is no accurate display.

However, you'll get 2 successive warnings when your improvement is getting very old. It will also look worse in the late stages (broken roof for example for granaries).
--- End quote ---

I've never gotten a written warning that the improvement is getting old.  The building begins to look more shabby, then suddenly it collapses.  It would be better if there were some kind of a warning, so I could build the back up before it's gone.  I'm referring more to the grainaries because when one collapses, I've lost all the extra food, and simply replacing the building then, does not bring back the ones that were lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version