Author Topic: Cartographers feedback  (Read 13835 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Cartographers feedback
« Reply #15 on: 25/10/20, 03:38pm »
Please read the extra information at the bottom of the game page: wastelands.

Fruiko

« Reply #16 on: 26/10/20, 07:01pm »
Will be Tie Breaker implemented?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 26/10/20, 07:31pm »
It looks like this is something we completely forgot. Apologies for that.

You are the first player to request it. If the publisher asks for it too, we will change that, but at the moment, this does not seem necessary.

Well spotted in any case!

Vik L.

« Reply #18 on: 27/10/20, 03:09pm »
Hi, normally, during Bugbear assault, you doesn't have only 1 case between the 2 groups of 2 monsters.
The 2 groups can be separated (but keep parallelized) by more cases, in choice of the player.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 27/10/20, 03:28pm »
Hi, normally, during Bugbear assault, you doesn't have only 1 case between the 2 groups of 2 monsters.
The 2 groups can be separated (but keep parallelized) by more cases, in choice of the player.

I didn't see that anywhere in the English rules. Maybe the artwork made you think so.

Viesha K.

« Reply #20 on: 27/10/20, 07:25pm »
So annoyed at cartographers, the piece literally wouldn't fit. I was winning and would have won but the final  piece was too wide and would not fit anywhere. Had no choice but to time out my turn. Hasn't happened before, but must be a glitch. It's really put me off playing it.

Scott B.

« Reply #21 on: 27/10/20, 09:31pm »
I've played a good number of games (maybe a dozen or so), and I don't think I have once NOT had all four Ambush cards come out in a game. The odds of that happening are slim. You may want to make sure you don't have the game coded to always have all 4 Ambush cards appear in every game.

- Scott Bogen

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 27/10/20, 10:04pm »
Hi Scott,

I have not checked all your games, but yes in most of your latest games, you had 4 monsters, which is very unusual, but not impossible.

However, in the few games before, many of them had fewer monsters.

https://www.happymeeple.com/en/screenshot/match/301301/4490379

https://www.happymeeple.com/en/screenshot/match/301301/4485845

https://www.happymeeple.com/en/screenshot/match/301301/4485790

https://www.happymeeple.com/en/screenshot/match/301301/4485673

Thanks for the feedback! Even if that was a false positive, we do appreciate you taking the time to report bugs. That's the only way we can fix issues and make progress.

Nicolas.

Vik L.

« Reply #23 on: 28/10/20, 11:43am »
I didn't see that anywhere in the English rules. Maybe the artwork made you think so.
I was sure to have seen something like that somewhere but I was wrong.
You're right.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 28/10/20, 12:05pm »
So annoyed at cartographers, the piece literally wouldn't fit. I was winning and would have won but the final  piece was too wide and would not fit anywhere. Had no choice but to time out my turn. Hasn't happened before, but must be a glitch. It's really put me off playing it.

You need to flip the shape (upside-down, use the double arrows buttons).

The tutorial explains this at the same time you are requested to rotate a shape and place it. I think players rush placing the shape as requested and don't read the text fully therefore missing the flip possibility. We need to improve onthat. You are not the first player to fall into that trap.

Alex B.

« Reply #25 on: 31/10/20, 05:55am »
I think this game is solid, and strictly superior to Circle the Wagons (sorry to fans of the latter!).

That said, I think the food costs are a little counter to getting people to play the game, so long as people's food is set at a base of 20.  If you lose one game against a human, you can't play a rematch!

I would suggest either making the game cost 10 food (allowing 2 normal games) and training mode 6 food (allowing 3 training games) or, more ambitiously, raising the general food total to 22 (so still allowing 2 normal games or 3 training games).

Fruiko

« Reply #26 on: 03/11/20, 11:13pm »
I think that there should be coins limit. In physic game is only 14 coins allowed.