Author Topic: Comments on Lost cities makeover  (Read 19989 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Comments on Lost cities makeover
« on: 07/03/16, 05:13pm »
Please comment on this thread about the new Lost Cities interface!

I know the deck at the top came as a surprize to many of you (and I have already moved it from top-left to top-right). I hope you will get used to it. It is not easy to put the deck anywhere else without changing the layout completely.

Stephanie E.

Re: Comments on Lost cities makeover
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/16, 10:55pm »
Well, I have hit the red discard pile a couple of times because I am accustomed to the draw pile being located there, but I am sure I will get use to it like everyone else.

I really love the animations that pop up to locate where to place the card,.. I love that they are different for each world.. very original and fun!  Again, thanks for the updates ;D

Tom V.

« Reply #2 on: 08/03/16, 12:42am »
It took me a little bit to get used to the new format, but it looks much more impressive now. I like that the redesign added in more cool art and effects without sacrificing the intuitive layout and ease with which one can read the board state.

Personally, I care more about playability than prettiness - I don't really have a preference between the two designs. But thanks for making it look good.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 08/03/16, 10:48am »
Thanks Stephanie and Tom for your nice comments.

I happened to come back to the old design just before releasing the new version. I can tell you that you don't want to play on the old version again! It seems so dull once you have played with the new one.

Craig S.

« Reply #4 on: 01/04/16, 02:03pm »
I never saw the old version, but what you have now was very intuitive from the first play. Thank you, I like the design a lot.

Mike M.

« Reply #5 on: 05/04/16, 06:55pm »
New interface rocks! 

Geraldine M.

« Reply #6 on: 13/07/16, 04:30pm »
The new layout LOOKS good, but on my laptop screen, it is impossible to see the whole playing area now, so I have the choice of watching what my opponent does and then scrolling back down to figure out what new card I've been dealt, or watching my own hand and constantly scrolling up to see what the other player has been up to. Either way requires quite a bit of memory, and all the scrolling makes it WAY less fun to play.

I never had the problem with the old layout, and really don't see why it now needs to be so high now: there seems to be much more room in the playing area than would be taken up even with maximum tiles. (On other games, the whole area is not shown on my screen, but the hidden information is not something I constantly need to look at, e.g. the types of birds which have successfully migrated in Migrato.)

I could change the size at which I view everything on my screen, I suppose, but that is not convenient when I am multitasking.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 13/07/16, 04:57pm »
Thanks for the feedback Geraldine. Most useful.

Can you le me know what happens when you resize the screen? I don't understand the problem with multitasking. Browser windows are independent from each other (at least in Chrome).

You can for example press Ctrl and - on your keyboard to scale everything down. Ctrl and + to make things bigger. Ctrl and 0 to reset the scale to 100%.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Geraldine M.

« Reply #8 on: 19/07/16, 05:24pm »
I was adjusting the whole screen size, not the individual browser window. I've now done it that way and all is well.

Thanks.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 19/07/16, 05:57pm »
Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback!