Author Topic: New game: Glastonbury  (Read 26261 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
New game: Glastonbury
« on: 22/03/17, 02:45pm »
Glastonbury is now available. It is a very nice game where you (as a wizard) try to collect ingredients for your potions.

When you take an ingredient card it is added to your cauldron. At the same time, the figure on the card indicates the number of steps your will move next turn and will thus determine which new cards you can take (maybe none if you land in the corner). So there is a little of bit of planning ahead.

Besides, some cards are not ingredient cards but spell cards that let you bend the rules of the game (and annoy your opponent too).

So be smart and you'll be a winner in this magic city of Glastonbury!

An overview of Glastonbury is here.
The rules of Glastonbury are available here.
But as always, it is best to follow the tutorial that lets you discover the game effortlessly.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: New game: Glastonbury
« Reply #1 on: 22/03/17, 02:59pm »
You are welcome to report bugs and give us your thoughts about Glastonbury here.

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 22/03/17, 06:29pm »
So I was trying to play, tonight and started to chat with my opponent and then the error messages kept popping up and up.  Started getting about 50 Send error codes.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Glastonbury bug corrected
« Reply #3 on: 22/03/17, 09:44pm »
Thanks Jeff! You saved us.

There was indeed a bug in human vs human play. We had not tested it again in the final days before release (shame on us) and a recent change in the code led to an issue that we had completely overseen.

I'll make sure to give you 2000 gold coins. Check your chat and account! And thanks again!

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 23/03/17, 08:48am »
I'm glad I could help out!  Thanks for the ongoing great work!

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 23/03/17, 10:15am »
You're welcome.

We need you all to spread the word. This platform must grow and we need you to do this.

Carter R.

« Reply #6 on: 23/03/17, 04:26pm »
Are you planning for 3 and 4 player games? Also, could you choose a color?

Edit: The rules for Glastonbury are not up yet also
« Last Edit: 23/03/17, 05:11pm by Carter R. »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 24/03/17, 04:32pm »
Thanks for pointing out that the rules link were not working. This is now corrected. Please see your one-to-one chat with me so that I can credit you with 200 gold coins as a thank you.

There is no plan for 3-4 player games, no. We concentrate on quick-playing 2-player games. Thanks for asking!

Nicolas.

Guest 134529

« Reply #8 on: 24/03/17, 08:04pm »
Red bot just used 2 magic spells in one turn: - if I understand a turn correctly.
1. Had a 1 on top, landed in a corner and used a Declinatio to get out of a corner.
2. Moved one more space and used an Accio spell to pick up a (mystery) card not in that row.

This was about 3:40-3:44 PM EDT.

Given I didn't get a turn in between those two actions, I think of that as one turn for him. 

EDIT: That was Saboteur, who happened to be playing the red color in that game.  Sorry for any confusion.
« Last Edit: 24/03/17, 08:08pm by Guest 134529 »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 27/03/17, 02:54pm »
Thanks Guest. I have been able to reproduce the issue.

The bug is now corrected.

So it is not possible to use an ACCIO after using a DECLINATIO spell to get out of a corner. This particular case had been completely overseen in the development process.

You deserve a big reward. Please find 2000 gold coins in your account!

Have fun!

Carter R.

« Reply #10 on: 28/03/17, 12:34am »
Thanks for pointing out that the rules link were not working. This is now corrected. Please see your one-to-one chat with me so that I can credit you with 200 gold coins as a thank you.

There is no plan for 3-4 player games, no. We concentrate on quick-playing 2-player games. Thanks for asking!

Nicolas.

I sent you a chat box. Thanks!

Guest 134529

« Reply #11 on: 28/03/17, 01:44am »
Thanks Guest. I have been able to reproduce the issue.

The bug is now corrected.

So it is not possible to use an ACCIO after using a DECLINATIO spell to get out of a corner. This particular case had been completely overseen in the development process.

You deserve a big reward. Please find 2000 gold coins in your account!

Have fun!

Whoa!  Thanks - did not expect that!
(was my first reaction to your post.)
  I quickly went to go buy the bricks and stones I've been saving up for, (I was within 500 coins of being able to buy the max of both of them)  and discovered there were no new coins.   I'm not sure what happened.  But it seems you either got distracted, and forgot, or made some kind of typo and credited them to another account.  That would be pretty easy, given I'm only identified by a long number.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 28/03/17, 12:15pm »
Hi,

It is now done for both of you.

Carter, I was just waiting for your reply in the chat, which I have now found.

Guest, I seem to recall that I had clicked on the appropriate button yesterday, but it seems that it did not work. It stands corrected. Enjoy your 2000 coins! And please register your account. It is very simple. I would hate to see your (big!) account go to waste. It may happen at any time (as soon as your browser empties its cache). Better be safe than sorry.

Nicolas.

Guest 134529

« Reply #13 on: 31/03/17, 12:31am »
Hi,

It is now done for both of you.

Carter, I was just waiting for your reply in the chat, which I have now found.

Guest, I seem to recall that I had clicked on the appropriate button yesterday, but it seems that it did not work. It stands corrected. Enjoy your 2000 coins! And please register your account. It is very simple. I would hate to see your (big!) account go to waste. It may happen at any time (as soon as your browser empties its cache). Better be safe than sorry.

Nicolas.

Hi Nicholas - just want you to be aware it's still not working.  No coins came in.  Would also like to say, if they had arrived, I would have posted a thank you.   

Also, regarding registering, I'm uncomfortable sharing personal info on line.  Friends have drummed it into my head that it's not a good thing to do; that it can be dangerous.  So I don't mean to be unsociable, but I'm just uncomfortable.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 11/04/17, 08:59am »
Really sorry Guest, I was on holiday and forgot about this. Please now find the 2000 gold coins in your account!