Author Topic: Lifespan  (Read 21839 times)

Carlos C.

Lifespan
« on: 22/07/16, 03:50am »
Hello!

I used to play only against bots in training, but today I felt like playing against other players and I became surprised that not only you gain a lot of gold that way, but if you win you recover food and unlock bot players. With the aforementioned gold I am buying supplies for a granary and I noticed that lifespan information. What does that mean? After a time it crumbles? If so how much time is average?

ty

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Lifespan
« Reply #1 on: 23/07/16, 07:45am »
Hi Carlos,

Yes, granaries, roads and groceries crumble after some time. The exact lifespan depends on the type of building. It is also directly related to the quantity of food you spend playing. If you only play Lost Cities, a granary will last for something like 150 games if I am not mistaken. But it is a bit more complicated than that. They last longer when you have many granaries so that the actual benefit of each extra granary is about the same as previous ones.

Granaries are in any case a better option than buying food directly from the market.

Finally, as buildings age with food eaten, they don't age when you don't play. And also, if you have magic potion, buildings do not age at all (as you don't need them).

Carlos C.

« Reply #2 on: 23/07/16, 11:47pm »
Thanks for the explanation. Is there a countdown somewhere to track the decay?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27/07/16, 12:24pm »
No there is no accurate display.

However, you'll get 2 successive warnings when your improvement is getting very old. It will also look worse in the late stages (broken roof for example for granaries).

Guest 134529

« Reply #4 on: 28/07/16, 03:31am »
No there is no accurate display.

However, you'll get 2 successive warnings when your improvement is getting very old. It will also look worse in the late stages (broken roof for example for granaries).

I've never gotten a written warning that the improvement is getting old.  The building begins to look more shabby, then suddenly it collapses.  It would be better if there were some kind of a warning, so I could build the back up before it's gone.  I'm referring more to the grainaries because when one collapses, I've lost all the extra food, and simply replacing the building then, does not bring back the ones that were lost.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 28/07/16, 07:35am »
The warnings show up in the Daily Meeple. Don't forget to look at it! There is a lot of useful information there.

Guest 134529

« Reply #6 on: 28/07/16, 08:08am »
I do look at it.  I read it every time something new is posted.  But I've never seen a warning.  What part of the DM has this info?

Guest 134529

« Reply #7 on: 29/07/16, 08:28am »
One of my grainaries is beginning to decay.  The roof has gotten ragged.  But I can't find any message about it in the Daily Meeple.  I really would like to find out where to look. 

Much appreciate any help.

Guest 134529

« Reply #8 on: 30/07/16, 06:52am »
That grainary now has a couple of large holes in the roof indicating much increased decay.  But I still can't find a message about it any place.    I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any written warnings.

Guest 134529

« Reply #9 on: 31/07/16, 11:46pm »
My grainary finally completely collapsed, and I still have not gotten a written warning about this.

also, it appears all of the admin have disappeared.  I haven't had a response here, nor seen one in chat for several days.

is everyone on vacation?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 01/08/16, 10:57pm »
Yes Guest, it's holiday time for me right now. Sorry about the delay!

It looks like you have found an issue here. I will check this as soon as possible.

Thanks! And if the issue is confirmed, I'll make sure to give you a little reward.

Have fun!

Guest 134529

« Reply #11 on: 02/08/16, 08:13am »
Thank you. 

I was beginning to think you had all been kidnapped by Andrew.  8) ( ;) ) He hasn't been active in chat for a while either. 

Guest 134529

« Reply #12 on: 27/08/16, 02:49am »
Another granary expired with no written warning.

Are you back from vacation yet?  (hope it was a good one  :D )

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 27/08/16, 12:44pm »
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me!

The holiday has been good. Thanks!

I have just corrected the issue. Please check that warnings now appear in the Daily Meeple (click on + to see old news if necessary).

To thank you, please find one week of Magic Potion as well as 500 gold coins in your account!

Have fun!

Guest 134529

« Reply #14 on: 28/08/16, 07:36am »
Wow!  Thanks so much.  (for the potion)

... and yes, I finally have a couple of written warnings.  I think they are for my last two expirations because nothing appears to be in danger currently.  and thank you for fixing this.  These warnings are much more visible than having to frequently check the map and click each road or granary!
« Last Edit: 28/08/16, 07:39am by Guest 134529 »