Author Topic: Your feedback on future new version  (Read 12534 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Your feedback on future new version
« on: 18/04/16, 11:01pm »
As you can see from the screenshots below, we are preparing a new version of the main page.

Can you give us your thoughts about the two main changes?

1) the interface in general
- do you like it?
- is is readable?
- is the list of games good enough? Any information missing?

2) most importantly, the Meeple Times zone, a constanlty changing newspaper that will inform you on what is going on, particularly what you have been doing and what your friends have been doing.
- do you like it?
- is it readable?
- the font size varies with the importance of the news and its freshness. This is done so you never miss anything new. In the 2nd screenshot, the font sizes don't change. That gives a more rigid layout, but maybe more readable. I fear though that you will not see what changed since the last time the news were generated. What do you think?

« Last Edit: 05/05/16, 01:41pm by Happy Meeple »

Gues(s) T.

Re: Your feedback on new version
« Reply #1 on: 20/04/16, 07:19am »
Quick Judgement after a short look: for me its convincing, I like it. I would prefer an extra barrow for the small icons and the icons should be bigger. Thanks for your efforts to improve.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 20/04/16, 10:06am »
Thanks very much for your feedback! What do you mean exactly by "an extra barrow"? Do you mean a specific zone for the small icons like before?

Mike A.

« Reply #3 on: 20/04/16, 12:50pm »
I think I prefer the first font example that blows up for bigger items. It all looks good to me.

Gues(s) T.

« Reply #4 on: 20/04/16, 10:42pm »
Sorry, false word (barrow), yes specific zone, all (small) icons in a single row.

Stephanie E.

« Reply #5 on: 21/04/16, 07:23pm »
Overall, I like it.  I think I would make the location icons (games, world, inn, etc) a little larger since I think those get clicked on the most.  Also,.. have always felt like the artwork for the world should be more prominent on the main screen.  The art work is so colorful and cheerful, it is a shame that you can only see it in full if you go to directly to it.

Will you use the new meeple times area to promote quests?

Thanks for continuing to update the platform.  Much appreciated!

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 21/04/16, 08:58pm »
Thank you Stephanie, this is the kind of helpful feedback. Very much appreciated.

Regarding the world map, I am afraid I am going the opposite way, removing the transparency that showed a bit of the map. But that gave me another idea. So all is not lost on that side. Also, when houses are available, there will hopefully be a bit more reasons to go to the world. In any case, I do show the world for 2 or 3 seconds at login, for the very reason you mention. It is nice and a shame that we don't show it more. Speaking of which, any idea to make the world more useful is welcome. What could we do in the world? I may not be able to develop your ideas but it is worth trying.

As for the size of the buttons, I am afraid space is expensive at the top of the screen. Every pixel added there pushes the main content down and I am trying to minimize the need for scrolling down. The newspaper has taken a lot of valuable space.

The Meeple Times will indeed show the daily quests when they are ready.

Thanks again. I love exchanging with you all. So please keep it coming!

Stephanie E.

« Reply #7 on: 22/04/16, 12:47am »
well.. since you asked..
what about when you click on the inn, you are directed to the world map.. the game icons could be on the left side of the river.  Seems to me, when we go to the inn, it is to see what games are available to play with a real person..  needs further thought.. but its an idea.

Also,.. I have always felt like the main page was kind of redundant once you added the inn.  I thought the inn was great conceptually.. you enter into it to see other players, and games so you can join one.  I never go to the main page.. you can see and do everything you want from the inn.. 

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 22/04/16, 11:41am »
You may be right on the inn. Maybe one should always enter the inn. So the dice icon and the inn icon would merge...

I kind of feel that something may be wrong with this at the moment, but never really looked for a solution. You may have a point here.

Of course, this raises a lot of questions. But it is worth having a thought!

As for clicking on the inn and going to the map, I am afraid I don't get the point. Maybe you need to explain more.

Thanks again!