Author Topic: Rewards Page Bugged  (Read 11752 times)

Guest 134529

Rewards Page Bugged
« on: 28/11/16, 05:57am »
Twice in a row I accepted the offer to visit our partner and get a nice reward.

I click to go to the page and at first it behaves normally.  But within seconds I am transferred to a new page that claims to be
Windows 10 Driver Optimizer

It claims it is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.  Maybe it is legit.  But the Happy Meeple rewards page has disappeared.  There is no timer counting down to when I can collect and return to Happy Meeple.  So I suspect it's not quite on the up and up.

I'm going to ignore it, but wanted to mention this because I don't understand how this thing is cropping up when I have gone to the Happy Meeple rewards page.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Rewards Page Bugged
« Reply #1 on: 28/11/16, 11:25am »
Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know! I am not sure if this is related to us or not yet.

Does anyone else see this?

Also, can you please me the exact timestamp of the offer when you get it? That would help us narrow down the problem to the right place.

Thanks!

Nicolas.

Guest 134529

« Reply #2 on: 28/11/16, 09:15pm »
Unfortunately I can not give you the exact time it occurred.  I was concerned it was the fraudulent site and removed it from my history.  I can see the space where it was. 

I had begun a Finito game at 12:37 AM EST.  When it ended I returned to the main menu and got the offer.  Clicked on it and then happened as I described above.  I closed that page, went back to Happy Meeple, got the offer again, and the same thing occurred.

At 12:43 AM I went to the Happy Meeple forum to post the info.  So it occurred someplace between the end of the game that began at 12:37 - I'd guess it took about 5 minutes to play the game.  That would bring it up to about 12:42 when I tried to get the reward.  I'd like to repeat that I am in the US Eastern Standard Time zone.  I think this is about 5 hours earlier than the Happy Meeple time.

Also, after I finished posting.  I closed the browser, reopened it, and went to another site, because I often can not get into Happy Meeple right after leaving it.  When I came back later, I was able to get the reward with no further problems.  That was at 1:35 AM US-EST.  So closing, and reopening the browser might have cleared the problem.

Guest 134529

« Reply #3 on: 28/11/16, 09:24pm »
Just now when I posted my last message, I checked the time on both my computer and the time stamp on my post.

4:09 PM my time, was = 9:15 PM forum time

I understand why there is a 5 hour difference.  I have no idea why there is a 6 minute difference.  But maybe that would further help you in finding what the time was on your side when I had the problem. 
If my computer said it was 12:43 AM when I went to make the post (meaning right after the two failed attempts at the rewards page), that would have been 5:49 Happy Meeple time.  So the problem probably occurred at 5:48 AM Happy Meeple time.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 28/11/16, 11:51pm »
Thanks. Will look at that when I have 5 minutes.