General > Tips, polls, updates

Tips

<< < (2/2)

Jamie A.:

--- Quote from: Happy Meeple on 11/02/16, 10:42am ---the title of the Happy Meeple tab will blink when a new game starts. So if you are surfing in the same window, you will see that and switch back to Happy Meeple.
--- End quote ---
The blinking is very helpful, I agree. However the title change on the Happy Meeple tab can be problematic when the browser is set to resize tabs based on the title.

For example, when Glastonbury is about to start the tab title is:

| Glastonbury - Happy Meeple - Match 9999999 |   

and then it begins to blink and resizes to the title of

| Let's go! |

and changes titles quickly, back and forth, resizing with each blink and jerking all the browser tabs from side to side, big small big small big small:

| Let's go! |
| Let's go! |
| Let's go! |
| Let's go! |

I've accidentally closed the Happy Meeple tab trying to click on it, reloaded other tabs trying to click on it, as it quickly resizes and blinks over and over.

You could have it blink and not change the title, or lessen the difference in number of characters, more like:

| Let's go! - Happy Meeple - Match 9999999 | 

Jimmy V.:
Very interesting Jamie! Thanks for reporting this!

What browser is that?

Jamie A.:

--- Quote from: Happy Meeple on 26/02/18, 08:25am ---Very interesting Jamie! Thanks for reporting this!

What browser is that?
--- End quote ---

So far Firefox is the only browser I've used for Happy Meeple that's set to resizable tabs. I've seen it on 3 different versions of Firefox on 2 computers.

Other browsers on those machines are vanilla and default to fixed-size tabs; I see the same title change but it doesn't matter.

Jamie A.:

--- Quote from: Jamie A. on 25/02/18, 11:20pm ---You could have it blink and not change the title, or lessen the difference in number of characters, more like:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for making this change   :)

Oliver M.:
Great tips, thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version