Author Topic: Developing games on Happy Meeple  (Read 14893 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Developing games on Happy Meeple
« on: 10/06/19, 12:24pm »
Hello,

We will very soon open the platform so that remote programmers can develop games on Happy Meeple.

It will be possible to help us develop games that we have acquired the license for. It will also be possible to program your own prototypes if you have any.

We except the required tools to be available this week.

If this is something that is of interest to you, please get in touch via our contact form (little pen on top of the menu page)! You can also ask question here of course.

We will soon be opening a new line of solo games so the developer platform will let you work on solo games as well as 2-player games.

We hope that our code logic is well articulated and should make sense to any seasoned developer. You will have access to our range of tools to deal with cards (logic and display), dice (logic and display), piles and decks, animations, sound/music. The code has a Model-View-Controller architecture that splits the logic of the game from the logic of the display and from the user inputs. This makes it easy to understand what is going on.
Coding is done via Javascript and CSS.

EDIT: the developer platform is now open. If you are interested, please read this page: https://www.mindbelts.com/en/developer/dev_start.php
« Last Edit: 24/06/19, 01:19pm by Happy Meeple »

Marko I.

Re: Developing games on Happy Meeple
« Reply #1 on: 13/06/19, 01:13am »
Thats awesome, what framework are you guys using?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 13/06/19, 10:41am »
Hi Marko,
We are not really using a framework. Or let's say it is ours.
All the Javascript code is based on Mootools though which lets us build neat code and nice animations.
Mootools also has the notion of class and heritage which is how we built our MVC architecture.
We are still working on the documentation and dedicated webpages for the developers. Hopefully, we'll post more soon.
Interested?

Marko I.

« Reply #3 on: 13/06/19, 01:44pm »
Never heard of Mootools, let me see

#Edit: So I see it's basically jQuery with notion of OOP. It didn't even cross my mind that the games here are build with JS. Very exciting
« Last Edit: 13/06/19, 01:47pm by Marko I. »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 13/06/19, 05:48pm »
Yes indeed Mootools is an equivalent of JQuery. According to my brother, it is much better than JQuery, much more structured. I can't judge as I have never used JQuery.

What did you think the platform was developed in?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 24/06/19, 01:19pm »
Hello all,

The new developer platform is now open. If you are interested in the project, please read this page: https://www.mindbelts.com/en/developer/dev_start.php

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 29/03/20, 11:10pm »
Thread up up up!  :D

Guest 409564

« Reply #7 on: 21/02/24, 09:33pm »
Hello! Is this topic still available?