Author Topic: New animations too distracting  (Read 10052 times)

Iris S.

New animations too distracting
« on: 28/03/18, 10:42am »
Hello everybody!
Since it worked well to discuss the "shadows" in Lost Cities (http://www.happymeeple.com/forum/lost-cities/not-a-fan-of-the-new-white-'shadow'-on-played-tiles/msg1120/#msg1120), I want to collect feedback about other games as well.
I personally think the new animations are distracting in a lot of games and should be altered to be less hectic. But maybe other players see things differently?

In Finito for example, the blinking is really distracting. I like that the possible spots on your board are now marked in red, it's better visible than the former green. But the blinking is too distracting, the way the spots are marked on the opponent's board is much better. Especially when all numbers are on the board and you have to move them, it is really distracting that every number plus the red marks are constantly blinking.
In Keltis Cards, I also think there is too much "movement". The white rings around the cards I can choose help somewhat to see all the options. But the blinking is just too much. Espcially when you choose a card from your hand, the blinking of every possible spot you could move that card to is way too hectic.

I'm looking forward to reading other player's opinions on the new design!

Susie R.

Re: New animations too distracting
« Reply #1 on: 04/04/18, 06:14pm »
I agree about the flashing on Finito.  Just played it twice for today's quest and it was making me feel quite ill.  And I don't see the point of it; am unlikely to play again until it's gone.  Really don't think I can get used to it!

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
Re: New animations too distracting
« Reply #2 on: 08/04/18, 10:51pm »
In Finito... Especially when all numbers are on the board and you have to move them, it is really distracting that every number plus the red marks are constantly blinking.

Agree. Once all the numbers are there, any effect is liable to be too much (and unnecessary).