Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 43000 times)

Ellie P.

Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #15 on: 14/02/18, 12:03am »
Hi! I'm Ellie, I'm from Portland, Oregon in the US. I have loved board games since I was a kid, and worked weekends at a game shop when I was just out of high school.

My husband doesn't like to play as much as I do, so I have been looking into online platforms and Happy Meeple was mentioned in one of my Facebook groups. I have two kids who do love to play games with me, thankfully!

My favorite games tend to be gateway and filler games, which is all I have time for these days. Some of my favorites are Carcasonne, Lost Cities, Quarto, Kingdomino, Patchwork, and Sushi Go.

Wojtek K.

« Reply #16 on: 02/03/18, 08:35am »
Hey ;D :) I am Wojtek and I am from Poland :)

Nam12345 J.

hi all
« Reply #17 on: 20/08/19, 03:40am »
hi all, im newbie
hope to know more about how to play it good
thank you

Jackie B.

« Reply #18 on: 09/05/20, 09:25pm »
Hi all!
Jackie from Austin, Texas here. I love this site! I’m more into the games that have equal elements of luck and strategy so I like Carcassonne, Kingdom Builder, Ticket to Ride, 7 Wonders, etc.

Happy to be here!

Lena H.

« Reply #19 on: 30/09/20, 02:04pm »
Hi,

I'm Lena from Germany. Currently I study history and eastern europe studies at a university in Switzerland. I usually don't play a lot of boardgames, but I just discovered this great community and it looks like a lot of fun!  ;D

Friendly greetings  :)

Huggable T.

« Reply #20 on: 18/10/20, 12:07am »
Greetings - My name is Wayne and I live in the county of kent in the south East corner of the UK.  Huggables was the name of my first ever teddy bear as a child.  I am retired now and at 57 years of age, I wanted my brain to function .  A friend suggested this site a few years ago.  Playing on this site makes me think a lot and I have such a good laugh - its a good feel site and has the most lovely people to compete against and chat to.  I like to try different languages and although very basic, I will try to say hello in the language of my competitor.   I do not care if I win or lose but I am competitive.  My best wishes to you all

Florian K.

« Reply #21 on: 09/11/20, 12:24am »
Hello!
I'm glad I found this place, as I looked for a nice site to play board games that also has a community.
My name is Flo and I come from Hamburg in Germany. I always loved to play games with the family when I was younger and now we sometimes play with my wife and a neighbour.

Friendly Greetings,
Flo

Alex B.

« Reply #22 on: 09/11/20, 04:09am »
I am from Canada.  I play when I can squeeze a moment but with a four year old my moments are fewer these days.  :)

Of card and board games that are not here I like love letter, lords of waterdeep, dominion and small world.  And I played Talisman a lot as a kid and just got the Talisman Adventure rpg.  But when will I play it?  :D

Lola C.

« Reply #23 on: 25/12/20, 10:38pm »
Hi!!! I'm Lola. Nice to here in this place!
I would like to have funny games with all of this players! And I whish a better year than the previous one, may we be happy in 2021!!!!!

Guillaume =)

« Reply #24 on: 26/12/20, 12:57am »
Hello you all !  ;)
My name is Guillaume, I'm a french guy and I'm 41. I live in the east side of France, near the Belgium border.
I love to play all kinds of board games since I was a child. My favourites are : Concept, Carcassonne, Pandemic (not good in these troubled days  :-[), Jungle speed, Time's up, Robot rally, Small world, Ticket to ride, Sagrada... I also like to play cards games: poker, tarot...
My job is school counsellor, I have a vegan lifestyle, and I love sport especially basketball and skiing.
I'm a member of the Happy Meeple community for 2 years, and I feel sooooo great playing and chatting with players all around the world!  :D
My favourites games here are : Lost cities, Hanamikoji, Circle the wagons, and Raging bulls (I think I still own the WR for this last one, or I owned it for a while  8)
I wish you the best and take care of you.
Thanks for reading me, byebye  :-*

Ieta C.

« Reply #25 on: 27/12/20, 02:39pm »
Hello everyone! I'm Ieta, from Derbyshire in the middle of the UK. I liked board games as a child, but really got interested in it when I discovered a board games club a mile from my house at the start of last year (alas, it will not re-open until the venue where it meets does, which means I last went in mid-March...) I don't have a particular favourite board game, but enjoy trying out new games - the club had several members who liked buying games from local shops, so there was always plenty of variety.

My favourites tend to be on either side of the scale - either largely based on luck (Dicey Goblins, Game of Life, Colour Addict) or strategy-heavy games (chess, Raiders of the North Sea, Century: Spice Road). I am also a fan of trivia-based board games, although there was one person at my club who was considerably better than me...

I also enjoy computer games. While I was ill with what turned out to be appendicitis late last year, I discovered Happy Meeple. It was really helpful during convaelescence, and even more so when the pandemic arrived. My favourite games here are Cartographers and Lost Cities, thouh I will happily play any of them.

My other hobbies are reading (fantasy, science fiction, just about any non-fiction book), swimming, running and studying.

Sam S.

« Reply #26 on: 30/12/20, 07:38am »
Hey everyone, I'm Sam from the USA. I work for a large software company which if you work in healthcare in the states, you've probably heard of.

I love Poke, Bubble Tea, Chess, Snow, Science, Futurism, and Andrew Yang.

I found this website by searching for Cartographer and currently that's the only game I plan on playing here. Hope to chat with you all while playing! If you talk to me in Spanish or French, I can probably understand but won't be able to reply.

Johan R.

« Reply #27 on: 07/02/21, 03:25pm »
hi i am adam pong i live in france and i think that this web can be helped

Wyatt B.

• "Let's be real!"
Wyatt B.
« Reply #28 on: 08/03/22, 02:48am »
Hi all!

I should have done this a while ago, but it is better late than never.

My name is Wyatt B.  I am a private music instructor (amongst many other things) in Portland, Oregon  USA. Aside from teaching, playing, and recording music, I enjoy darts, writing, gold prospecting, comedy, a bunch of other things, and, of course, board/tabletop games and gaming. I enjoy developing new game ideas too, but just to play with friends, so far, and enjoy Happy Meeple and the online community that makes it so warm and wonderful. I look forward to playing you all, at some point. If you see me on, say hi. :)

Current favorites on HM:

Siberia Card
Cartographers
Lost Cities
Level X
Finito
(and pretty much all the others, too. LOL)

Desi V.

« Reply #29 on: 20/07/22, 10:40pm »
hi my name is desiderio vazquez, i live in cancun, i´m a teacher.