Our games > Lost Cities

Not a fan of the new white "shadow" on played tiles

(1/4) > >>

Shannon H.:
It may just be me, but I'm not a fan of the new white shadow on played tiles in Lost Cities. It is distracting and I don't think it is necessary. I think the old colors were better.

Jamie A.:
For me the pulsating white everywhere is brighter than I would prefer. In the tutorial or even early training it might have been helpful, but once the game is understood I need to focus on the cards at hand, mine and theirs, and all the pulsating is distracting from that.

Soomin H.:
I agree... I have my computer dimmed and the white light is still so bright and distracting it's giving me a headache... I admit I'm a little sensitive (hence the dimming and the use of blue light filters) so maybe I'm in the minority, but it really hurts my eyes and makes me not want to play...  :'(

Jimmy V.:
Guys, there are 3 places where we use white glows.

1) around the cards in hand when it is your turn
2) around the played cards in the expeditions
3) around the main pile and discard piles

I am not sure if we need to change all of them.
Also, I'd like to  hear about everyone. Do you all agree that white glows are too bright?
Are you getting used to it little by little?

Mike M.:
I don't prefer it.  I've played a bit with it now.  To say I am getting used to it is a bit misleading.  I still don't like it/think it adds anything, but I don't find it as annoying.  Hope this helps and doesn't sound too harsh.

Side question: What were the issues/comments/reasons for adding the white backlight?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version