Author Topic: Magic Potion extra power?  (Read 8939 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Magic Potion extra power?
« on: 08/03/19, 03:36pm »
Hello all,

We came across this idea today. What do you think of it?

We always look for ways to give more power to Magic Potion. Magic Potion basically gives you unlimited food. But what if it actually also made the game free for your opponent? A Magic Potion icon would show up on the table and this would definitely make the pairing faster for the Magic Potion owner. Another similar idea would be to make the game cheaper for the opponent, not completely free.

Looking forward to reading you.

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
Re: Magic Potion extra power?
« Reply #1 on: 08/03/19, 04:06pm »
I don't see why not and I think it would encourage more person to person playing.

Karin S.

« Reply #2 on: 10/03/19, 07:04am »
We always look for ways to give more power to Magic Potion. Magic Potion basically gives you unlimited food. But what if it actually also made the game free for your opponent?
That sounds like a fun idea! Maybe you could offer a "magic potion happy hour" during which games are free for both players.

Marlene H.

« Reply #3 on: 10/03/19, 08:42am »
I think you'd have to make the free or reduced cost play for the opponent optional, to be decided by the person with the magic potion who opens the game.  Some people prefer to play against bots.  For these people, the fact that MP reduces the time until you can play with a bot is a nice bonus, but making it cheaper for human opponents would be a disincentive.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 11/03/19, 12:14pm »
Thanks for your feedback. Very useful.

I suppose the biggest use of this feature would be for 2 friends to play together without limit, with only one needing Magic Potion.

After all, if you have Magic Potion, make friends with someone and want to play with this person again, it is a bit unfair for you to have to wait for their food, isn't it?

Please keep your thoughts coming as we are still undecided on this one.

Haplo

« Reply #5 on: 06/05/19, 05:02am »
I think it would be good to allow players using magic potion to go straight into a game with a bot without waiting to see if someone else jumps in. But if they want to play real players, then something should indicate that they're using potion (make them glow?) and their opponents only lose 1 food per game.