Author Topic: gold for black meeple 2?  (Read 11050 times)

Rob B.

gold for black meeple 2?
« on: 20/11/17, 04:02am »
A question for you: I just earned a black meeple 2 on Level X and my Daily Meeple says, "One more meeple! Congratulations on your new meeple! You now have 42 meeples! You can now get 22x Road." But it doesn't say anything about receiving any gold for this. I think my gold did go up, but I'm not totally sure.  Should it have notified me about receiving gold?

thanks for a great site!
Rob

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: gold for black meeple 2?
« Reply #1 on: 20/11/17, 09:25am »
Hi there,

Thanks for asking!

Actually, the gold earned was displayed at the end of the game when you earned the meeple. We don't repeat it in the news screen and instead focus on the new things unlocked.

Have fun with the meeples!

Rob B.

« Reply #2 on: 20/11/17, 09:05pm »
I guess I missed that, so thanks for clarifying!

--Rob

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 20/11/17, 10:25pm »
Actually, the gold earned was displayed at the end of the game when you earned the meeple. We don't repeat it in the news screen and instead focus on the new things unlocked.
I'd thought of posting about this too, I'm glad Rob posted. This situation is an outlier as far as I can tell. We've been trained to look at rating/experience at that point on all the other screens (new meeple just earned). It's only for new meeple, which can appear 'out of nowhere' if we weren't tracking, and the amount of gold is in a spot where the eye has not been been trained to look at that point of interaction. Often the fingers will automatically disappear this screen, out of habit, before the gold is noticed.

Where we are trained to check for gold, the blinking Daily Meeple celebration item, has no gold for this situation, whereas all the other such listings do. It looks odd.

I think this should be changed to be consistent with all the other screens and new gold events. I've missed it too many times even once I figured out what was happening. You're training our eyes and fingers and suddenly mess with it.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 29/11/17, 01:28pm »
Good points. Thanks!

The platform has a long history and there was no Daily Meeple in the first version. That explains partly why the gold win is shown on the game page.