Our games > Siberia the card game

Siberia Deck Makeup

<< < (2/3) > >>

Marlene H.:
These numbers don't seem to have any relevance:
 10 worker cards
    8 seller cards
    5 investor cards

I played a game in training, keeping careful count of every human card I saw (either that I drew or that I saw the bot discard), during the first pass through the draw pile.  I got the following results:

19 workers seen
20 salesmen seen
18 investors seen

Given that my opponent bot probably did not show me all of his cards, I'm guessing that the count on the action cards are equal.

In other words:
20 workers
20 salesmen
20 investors

Nate P.:
Got it Marlene - so 20/20/20 (workers, investors, salesmen).

And resources - does anyone know if they are evenly split over the 60 cards - eg 12 gas, 12 coal, 12 gold, 12 oil, 12 diamonds (even though there are only 5 diamond resources to be earned in the game)?

Nate P.:
Team,

I played 3 games, and tracked the cards. Although you don't see all cards (as the game sometimes ends before all cards are played), in each game I saw at least 10 cards of each resource played leading me to believe there are 12 of each resource cards.

Thus, in summary:

Resources: 12 Gas, 12 Coal, 12 Oil, 12 Gold, 12 Diamonds
Profession: 20 Workers, 20 Salesmen, 20 Investors

Thanks guys for the teamwork on this! Really helps in understanding the game, and may be worth adding to the online game instructions and tutorial as well.

Best,
Nate

Daniel G.:
Thanks!  I had wondered this before as well.

FYI, I believe Stuart's message refers to all cards in the game.  The 5 investor, 8 seller, and 10 worker cards are the ones you use to show which investors, sellers, and workers you currently have in play.

Marlene H.:

--- Quote from: Daniel G. on 18/05/20, 04:18am ---Thanks!  I had wondered this before as well.

FYI, I believe Stuart's message refers to all cards in the game.  The 5 investor, 8 seller, and 10 worker cards are the ones you use to show which investors, sellers, and workers you currently have in play.

--- End quote ---

I don't quite understand this.  It almost makes sense to me.  But the counting seems inconsistent.

Yes, it is possible to have to have 5 investors and 8 sellers in play.  But it's only possible to have 5, not 10 workers in play.

Or if you are saying it took 10 workers to fill up the 5 worker spots, then to be consistent it would have to read:
10 investors, 16 sellers, 10 workers. 
But you can't really go by that option because any of them could be used as wild cards.  So you might not have played 10 workers to fill up the 5 worker spots.  Same for any of the others.

Can you clarify this for me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version