Author Topic: Finito: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly  (Read 8345 times)

Haplo

Finito: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
« on: 07/01/19, 07:32pm »
Finito is one of my favorite games on Happy Meeple. It's quick, it's cheap, and it is enjoyable. Ordering the numbers can require some significant forethought, and it's great when a strategy pays off. Unfortunately, the game is terribly unfair. Although it starts both players on equal footing, it quickly deviates. This can leave one player with a totally scrambled board, unable to have even the slightest chance to finish before the other player. It also leaves a sour taste in my mouth to not be allowed to complete my run, even if I know I've lost.

In addition, the fact that you are playing against someone else seems totally arbitrary. Nothing you do affects the other player. Which means that when your game ends is fairly capricious. This game would be so much better if it measured how many turns you took to finish AFTER your opponent finished. Over time, that would be taken into account for your ratings as well as your "wins".

I hope some attention is given to make this game as great as it could be on here.