Author Topic: New bug?  (Read 5875 times)

Pam A.

New bug?
« on: 17/06/22, 08:57am »
I've played here for several years.  I've never seen this problem before.  This morning it happened in two different games.

The bug:
The game would not let me place a piece.  In the first game it happened, I quickly refreshed the page and was then able to place the piece.

In the second game it happened, I refreshed the page multiple times (4? 5? 6?).  But it still would not allow me to place my piece.  It wasn't like an ordinary disconnect.  In the disconnects I'm used to, I can not send messages in the chat.  But during this problem, I had no difficulty sending chat messages to my opponent.    In the second game, I was never allowed to place that piece, and eventually the game timed out.  It gave me a loss due to "Inactive player" - not disconnection.

I don't know what to make of this.  As stated above, in several years of playing here, I've never seen this before.

Did something change recently?

Stuart L.

Re: New bug?
« Reply #1 on: 17/06/22, 03:54pm »
What was/were the game(s)?

What were the pieces which you were trying to place?

Pam A.

« Reply #2 on: 18/06/22, 01:55am »
In both games, I was playing Cartographers. 

I wasn't sure what to call the things, because you don't place cards or roll dice.  You put shapes on a map.

Stuart L.

« Reply #3 on: 18/06/22, 06:44am »
Oh, I see.  Well I still haven't played that game yet, so I really don't know, sorry.

Maybe there was some rule which disallowed the placement that you were trying..?

But you did say that for the first game it did work after refreshing, so yeah, that's weird..  maybe it really is a new bug.

I hope it gets sorted out for you.  Good luck!  :)

Kai W.

« Reply #4 on: 18/07/22, 04:17pm »
I have this problem when i played from mobile. Every time, every match