Author Topic: Unpleasantly Surprised by Increase in Score Requirement for Black 5 Meeples  (Read 7809 times)

Guest 164586

I've primarily been playing 4 games. 
Level X
Keltis Card
Glastonbury
Siberia
I play the other games as well, but enjoy these the most.  I've been trying to keep these 4 together in their progress.  I rotate through them based on their progress.   I just earned the Black 5 meeple on 3 of them.  Glastonbury was the only one left.  It was at 96% experience, so it too, was set to earn the new Meeple.   I lost the game, but hit 100% experience.  But no new Meeple.

I then noticed that I was now required to have a score of 1800 (plus the 100% exp).  I earned 2 of my previous Black 5 meeples earlier today (my time, might be yesterday for the site's time) and was only required to have a score of 1750.  And 1750 had been the requirement for Glastonbury as well.  I track the score needed for each next meeple and calculate how far above or below the target I am.   At 1776 I would earn the Black 5 when the requirement was 1750, but I just miss it when it's 1800. 

This came as a sudden and unpleasant surprise, because there was no announcement of this increase.

Why did the score requirement increase?
and why no announcement warning us?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Hi Guest,

Thanks for asking! We like to answer your questions, rather than live you in the dark.

We usually communicate on changes we make but some of them, especially if they are small, may slip through.

Some games require more skill than others. Please read the post I made on the skill/luck in games a while ago.

As a consequence, top players get higher ratings in games like Glastonbury, Siberia Card or Keltis Ór than Finito or Lost Cities.

So it is only fair that for those games the top meeples require a higher rating.

As a reference, here are the current ratings of #1 and #5 in all games.

1827 - 1751 - Finito
2047 - 1921 - Hanamikoji
1863 - 1799 - Lost Cities
2053 - 1992 - Level X
2254 - 2025 - Glastonbury
1985 - 1770 - Migrato
1991 - 1858 - Keltis Card
2110 - 1983 - Siberia Card
1989 - 1794 - Keltis Ór

Looking at this, we might want to raise the requirements for some other games if we have not done it yet.

I hope this answers your question. Apologies for the inconvenience.