Author Topic: Raging Bulls Feedback  (Read 28720 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Raging Bulls Feedback
« on: 07/12/19, 10:21pm »
Hi there,

Raging Bulls has been released for a few days now.

Would you give us some feedback? Do you like it? Is there anything you would improve?

Please us know your thoughts!

Daniel G.

Re: Raging Bulls Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/19, 03:25pm »
I have been enjoying the game a lot!

I like that you can approach the game with different strategies to get points and different levels of risk. It is cool that all dice can be useful with the saw and the shed.  I think the mechanics work well.

I also like the challenges and the world records.

I do have one suggestion. In one game I had a call come in that I had to take (was playing on my phone).  This resulted in a time out/disconnect and I lost what looks like the maximum loss in ranking points (almost -70).  I don't know if it is hard to implement, but would it be possible to score the game at the current score if a player times out/disconnects?  Maybe subtract 3 points to account for having to use a mallet, so there is no incentive to time out instead of finishing the game.

Thanks again for a great game!

Daniel

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11/12/19, 10:35am »
Thanks Daniel. Really glad you love it.

Regarding your suggestion, we thought about it, but the problem is exactly the one you mention. We cannot be certain that current score is a minimum number of points. It is possible that the score will be reduced with more moves. We try to standardise everything and I am afraid there is no way to be fair with everyone without complexifying the code overly (and increasing the development time and the likely of a bug). Our next game will have the same issue too.

So the only thing we can realistically really do is consider an unfinished game as equivalent to the worst possible performance (which is 1000 for Raging Bulls).

Always finish your games is the main advice here.

Guest 226215

« Reply #3 on: 11/12/19, 11:22am »
I m having the same problem with connection issues. I knew a couple of years ago it could be solved by... Refreshing maybe? I tríed Refreshing on my phonr, but it did not work. Do you know how does it work now? Thank you!

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 11/12/19, 12:15pm »
As far as I know, refreshing the page should work (for online games). Maybe your connection was completely broken at that moment.
Did anyone successfully refresh the page while playing an online game of Raging Bulls?

Jeanbastien K.

« Reply #5 on: 17/12/19, 09:03am »
Hello,

first of all thank you for all you do for us/me ! I love the game, and it work total perfect ;) ;) ;)

Thank you for all !
Big Respect for this new amazing game :)
« Last Edit: 17/12/19, 12:57pm by Jeanbastien K. »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 17/12/19, 10:28am »
I am really not sure to understand what the problem is here. I'll send you an email so that we can sort this out (in French I believe).

What is probably confusing you is that:

After you have built a fence, the "continue" and "stop" buttons appear. At that moment, you can still click on the posts and pretend you are building fences, but you are not building fences, you cannot build fences anymore. You have to roll the dice again (so press continue). It is normal that the "pretend fence" you drew disappears when you click "continue".

This is not a bug but a feature. It is convenient to be able to draw a "pretend fence" to see if it is doable before deciding if you want to continue the game of if it is better to stop.

Jeanbastien K.

« Reply #7 on: 08/01/20, 10:17am »
I just find the solution of the level Mallets !

It was hard losing five breads each time I fail ...ahahaha :)

This level is a small step for a bull but a great step for any player !

Thank you  ;)
« Last Edit: 08/01/20, 10:45am by Jeanbastien K. »

Ernie S.

« Reply #8 on: 23/01/20, 08:16pm »
What a neat game, I enjoy it very much. Only suggestion for me would be to slightly increase points for pairings and slightly reduce penalty for mallet use. This to offset high random element factor inheret to this game.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 24/01/20, 01:58pm »
Thanks for your nice feedback. It's difficult to change scoring now especially as it affects all world records and all challenges threshold. It would be a lot of work for a benefit that is not so clear.

We are very proud of this game in any case. And judging by the numbers of games played each week, you seem to be loving it too.

Anyone completed all challenges? I did not check the stats.

Guillaume =)

« Reply #10 on: 06/02/20, 09:52pm »
Hello,
Thanks for this really nice strategy game, I love it!! :)
I scored 101 today!! 8) Here is my board...
Guillaume from France

Guillaume =)

« Reply #11 on: 06/02/20, 11:03pm »
Thanks for your nice feedback. It's difficult to change scoring now especially as it affects all world records and all challenges threshold. It would be a lot of work for a benefit that is not so clear.

We are very proud of this game in any case. And judging by the numbers of games played each week, you seem to be loving it too.

Anyone completed all challenges? I did not check the stats.

Hello Admin!
I completed all the challenges, with 3 *** each! 8)
Don't think I'm the only one...
Thanks for all ;)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 07/02/20, 10:12am »
Fantastic job Gui! I like to see top scoring fields. I never scored 100 myself, although my position in the ranking list is pretty good. Seems like I am risk averse.

Glad you like the game. It is always very nice to read players excitement about a game. We work hard to build this platform and all feedback is very appreciated. The day is starting well thanks to you Gui.

Time to add more challenges? Well, we thought about weekly challenges that would be generated automatically (with varying rules, numbers of bulls, cows, holes, no doubles, doubles only, etc.), but that's yet a lot of work, especially as these extra challenges would have to be treated differently from the others... :) Hopefully some day. In the meantime, maybe we'll find the time to add a few more manually.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 07/02/20, 11:28am »
I am proud of this one.
I sacrificed the cows early as I could not see it work. Love had to give I am afraid.
I managed to score good although I failed to isolate all bulls.
Very unusual game.
« Last Edit: 07/02/20, 11:33am by Happy Meeple »

Ettore M.

« Reply #14 on: 07/02/20, 12:08pm »
GG Jimmy! Sacrifices are often a good idea. Even with bulls. For example , I always keep in mind that 2 isolated with 1 escaping is a better combination than 0/3 escaping but with only one isolated. (2*6-3=9, instead of 1*6) .
And one less bull to care of, is 1 or 2 barriers saved, meaning 3 or 4  posts saved, meaning a lot more combinations possible!