Author Topic: Uwe Rosenberg Games [Agricola, Le Havre, Caverna]  (Read 8311 times)

Haplo

I am mentioning these together because they have similar elements, and learning one facilitates learning the others.

I recommend starting with Agricola, a fun farming game of up to 5 players. I've found that even 10 year olds can handle the family game version. There are 2 ways to play: the family game--simple (without cards); and the advanced game (with cards). A full game (4-5 players) takes about 2 hours.

Le Havre is so awesome (it's my 2nd favorite game). In it you will collect resources, construct buildings, use your own and other players buildings as action spaces. Ships help you keep people fed and make a profit through shipping. It's a highly economic game. It usually takes at least 2 1/2 hours.

Caverna is like a combination of the previous 2 games in some ways, but with additional features and lots of quirks. You can do horticulture, raise livestock, mine (you can even keep donkeys in your mine!) and add special rooms to your home. One of the more fun elements is equipping an agent with a weapon and sending them out on quests to get a variety of resources, and leveling them up. This is a game I have heard very few people complain about. The downside is, a full game takes at least 3 hours.