Author Topic: Level X errors.  (Read 25352 times)

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
Level X errors.
« on: 19/09/16, 09:20am »
I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems with Level X, but here are some screen shots.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Level X errors.
« Reply #1 on: 19/09/16, 10:04am »
Thanks for the heads-up!

Was this one time or several times?

At first glance, it looks like a CSS file did not load. CSS files are in charge of page layout.

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 19/09/16, 02:03pm »
So it was an ongoing issue.  Solution - had to clear Cached Data in Chrome and now it's working fine.  Very unusual that it only affected Level X, and not any of the other pages since I'm assuming all the pages utilize CSS.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19/09/16, 02:11pm »
Thanks!

I think looking at what you posted on the chat that the specific css file for Level X was wrongly loaded. I had never seen that, but apparently, your browser thought it had the file well and kept using it. I was about to suggest a cache emptying :)

Enjoy 250 gold coins as a thank you for letting us know and posting updates!
« Last Edit: 19/09/16, 02:37pm by Happy Meeple »

Guest 288885

« Reply #4 on: 10/02/22, 05:26pm »
I'm not sure this is the right place to report this, but I've found a bug in Level X:
In this turn (15), I should have gotten 8 + 6 + 6, but I only got the 8.
https://www.happymeeple.com/en/game.php?replay_match_id=5666981&user_id=288885&move=15

I've wondered sometimes before in Level X if there wasn't something wrong, but have never tracked it down until now. Seems like a tricky bug, as it only appears rarely. But would of course be great if it got fixed.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10/02/22, 06:17pm »
Yes indeed. Thanks for reporting this. I have managed to reproduce it and have an idea what is going wrong. I'll delve deeper.

In the meantime, I'll give you 500 coins for helping us.

Guest 288885

« Reply #6 on: 10/02/22, 06:23pm »
That's generous! Thanks for looking into it. :-)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 10/02/22, 07:54pm »
Are you absolutely sure that the problem happened during the game? Or did you just notice it when looking/checking the replay?

I wonder if it is not simply a problem with the replay that does not show the dice grouping (movement) for one of the players (in that case, the program recorded that the 2 sixes were in the same group (box 4) making it 12 and thus not scoring the sixes, it is therefore possible that you did put the 2 sixes in the same box without realizing it and that the replay did not show you the problem).

Let me know!

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 10/02/22, 08:57pm »
I have now modified the way Level X games are replayed. It means some changes in the code regarding animations. I have tested what I could and don't believe this will cause any bug, but if you see anything wrong with your Level X games, that's probably a consequence of this change. Please let me know ASAP if that happens.

In replay mode, dice grouping is now shown for the secondary player. You will therefore see that the 2 sixes were put in the same box in your game.

Now, was there a bug? That's another question. As I said above, let me know!

Guest 288885

« Reply #9 on: 10/02/22, 09:28pm »
Interesting that it looks like I had grouped the 2 sixes. I am immediately starting to doubt myself, but am still 95-98% sure that I didn't group them. As I played on a computer, there's also very little chance that I happened to wipe/move something without noticing.

Anyhow, I will keep my eyes open if I see anything strange again and in that case report. As I wrote, I had the feeling before that something didn't go as it should, but there are always several months between the occasions...