Author Topic: Accidental Discards  (Read 16966 times)

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
Accidental Discards
« on: 15/04/17, 01:24pm »
Maybe it's just me  ;)  but I've found it easy to misplace a card every so often... so many blinking placeholders. It would be nice if we could retrieve an accidental discard at least as part of the standard 'take a card' at end of turn.

Bartholomew .

Re: Accidental Discards
« Reply #1 on: 16/04/17, 08:30pm »
To be clear: your suggestion is that if someone discards a card and has not yet drawn a card (either from the discard or draw piles) that they should be able to pick the card back up if it was accidental, correct? I have played Lost Cities elsewhere and have not seen that feature used. However, I think that would be a nice feature and would create a more forgiving game, especially for beginners as they figure the game out.

Great idea!

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 16/04/17, 08:43pm »
Yes I think that's it.  :)  I'm not asking that a person get an extra turn or extra card, just that they be allowed to pick up the card just discarded to complete their turn. Which they would be able to do on an actual tabletop but it seems to be blocked here.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 18/04/17, 04:28pm »
Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for reporting your issue and asking for potential improvements. We are always happy to read your comments.

The undo functionality has been asked many times in the past. Unfortunately, this is something that is harder to implement that it looks. We are trying to keep the platform simple to upgrade and maintain. The undo option does go not well with this.

So, as much as we would like to offer the undo option (we know it would be a huge improvement), this is not something that we can do with the limited manpower that we have.

Again, thanks for reporting this!

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 19/04/17, 04:11am »
Thank you, I appreciate your reply, however I don't quite understand and hope you can explain a bit further.

There are 5 differently colored discard slots, A B C D E. Right now if I discard to, let's say slot B, I am then able to pick my new card from slots A C D E or the draw pile. I'm asking to be able to pick my new card from slots A B C D E or the draw pile. So, the request is for removal of the feature which locks slot B, rather than adding a new function. I hope this helps. I guess I think of the existing lock as more complexity: an added feature that didn't need to be there (and of course that's easy for me to say, not having done the programming lol).

It's possible that you lock slot B as a safety to prevent errant movement from accidentally repicking the card just placed, I don't know.

Again thank you for consideration and reply.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 21/04/17, 04:23pm »
I see what you mean. That probably would be easy to implement.

However, I don't like a solution that only solves 10% of the problem.

And it breaks the rules too (although I can't see any advantage to the player).

Lena H.

« Reply #6 on: 30/09/20, 02:29pm »
I think that the option to withdraw a card would lower the fluidity of the game. Now you can play it relatively fast, but if the opponent choses to withdraw, I guess it would call to be more concentrated on that aspect during the game.

But it surely is annoying to misplace a card  :(

Florian K.

« Reply #7 on: 09/11/20, 05:05pm »
Hey, I agree... I think that I would risk to misplace a card because the opponent withdrew his. So it wouldn't necessarely be an advantage. May even be used as a tactic, so I'd say it is fine how it is now  :D