General > Tutorial, training, online play

Being penalised for crashed games and "Leave game" option

<< < (2/3) > >>

Regisbull:
Hello,

So, it seems that I'm poised to keep reporting and asking for improvements on this stability issue.

I had once again a Hanamikoji game that crashed. Yay !
As soon as I saw the yellow light and then the message "Connection issue. Trying to reconnect. Error code : SEND", I pressed "refresh page". Sadly, it didn't reload. The progress bar stopped about 20% through. I opened another tab and opened Facebook, just to confirm that *I* was still connected to the internet. I tried refreshing the Happy Meeple tab again, and it wouldn't go beyond 20%. I then opened Happy Meeple in that tab and it told me "please, don't open multiple windows", so I went to the previous tab that told me "match cancelled". Awesome.

So,
1) Again, could something be done about stability ?
2) Why does "match cancelled" mean "we will count as if you lost a game" ? Really, cancelled should mean "we won't update anything".
3) Can I get my counters manually moved back to where it was ?

Since I started not following the daily quests that much, some time ago, my personal quest has been to hold good running series in the games I like. To each their own tastes after all.
Right now I had 12 wins in a row at Hanamikoji. I was working on number 13 and doing pretty well in the second round. Except that I feel I am facing a d20 rolled every game, and if it yields a 1 the game is a loss to me no matter what.
It's unfair. It's frustrating.
Can I get my wins-in-a-row counter set back to 12 ?

Kasia D.:
thanks for the answers to my questions.. It  seems that ot only my have these questions.

Guest 202382:

--- Quote from: Regisbull on 06/06/18, 11:43pm ---Hello,

So, it seems that I'm poised to keep reporting and asking for improvements on this stability issue.

I had once again a Hanamikoji game that crashed. Yay !
As soon as I saw the yellow light and then the message "Connection issue. Trying to reconnect. Error code : SEND", I pressed "refresh page". Sadly, it didn't reload. The progress bar stopped about 20% through. I opened another tab and opened Facebook, just to confirm that *I* was still connected to the internet. I tried refreshing the Happy Meeple tab again, and it wouldn't go beyond 20%. I then opened Happy Meeple in that tab and it told me "please, don't open multiple windows", so I went to the previous tab that told me "match cancelled". Awesome.

So,
1) Again, could something be done about stability ?
2) Why does "match cancelled" mean "we will count as if you lost a game" ? Really, cancelled should mean "we won't update anything".
3) Can I get my counters manually moved back to where it was ?

Since I started not following the daily quests that much, some time ago, my personal quest has been to hold good running series in the games I like. To each their own tastes after all.
Right now I had 12 wins in a row at Hanamikoji. I was working on number 13 and doing pretty well in the second round. Except that I feel I am facing a d20 rolled every game, and if it yields a 1 the game is a loss to me no matter what.
It's unfair. It's frustrating.
Can I get my wins-in-a-row counter set back to 12 ?

--- End quote ---

Dont you think you are asking too much for a free online plataform with awesome ai? I guess there are so many other unfair things irl. And it may be better for everyone if you help solving problems instead of wining fir your elo or stats.
I apologize for my Englush, this is not my first language.

Geraldine M.:
I am also getting increasingly frustrated over this issue.

Three times in the past week, I have 'lost' to a much lower-ranked player I was winning against, only because of server issues. In the last of these instances, I was briefly disconnected and reconnected, then my opponent had connection issues and timed out, but still I forfeited the match, which was even more galling.

(It also seems that refreshng the page, even after just a few seconds, sometimes triggers match termination.Is this a bug?)

Guest 202382 thinks this is a trivial matter, but presumably HM only measures rankings and winning streaks because a significant number of players DO care about these things.

I certainly find it disheartening to lose all the ground I have gained through several hard-fought victories because of a brief server issue.

It has got to the point where I hesitate to play against much lower-ranked players, not because I fear losing, but because I fear the penalty if the game is terminated.

Please, please do something about this problem, either reinstating ranking points lost due to server issues or allowing a little longer for players to return. (If I can wait 2 minutes for my opponent to consider a move, surely she could wait 2 minutes for me to reconnect?)

Jimmy V.:
Hi Geraldine,

Does this happen at a particular time? Like 5:13 am English time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version