Author Topic: Wheatfield  (Read 24411 times)

Mike Y.

Wheatfield
« on: 18/11/17, 05:12pm »
how can you get more wheatfields ?

Rob B.

Re: Wheatfield
« Reply #1 on: 18/11/17, 06:58pm »
I was just about to ask the same question.  I'll watch for the answer!

--Rob

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 18/11/17, 10:01pm »
Thanks for asking!

The short answer is that there is no way to get a second wheat field.

The closest to this is Magic Potion. With Magic Potion, you get unlimited food for a certain amount of time. I suppose that's what you are looking for : more play time.

So drink some Magic Potion. You can get it in the market.

Have fun on Happy Meeple!

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 19/11/17, 01:06am »
The closest to this is Magic Potion. With Magic Potion, you get unlimited food for a certain amount of time. I suppose that's what you are looking for : more play time.

I don't know anything about the OP, however for me I see it as: both Wheat and Magic Potion are time based. I might play one or even two extra games because Wheat is there and then it rots. And Magic Potion would have the same result and be wasted.

So for that type of use the +8 option is better than either. But I could also see using an extra Wheat field to juggle the harvests and play the odd extra game. 

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 19/11/17, 11:13am »
Interesting.

What you are describing is an old idea of ours: non-perishable food.

We resist implementing this idea for 2 reasons:
a) it could make the interface more crowded and complicated (if there was an extra food icon)
b) it required some development time and was not top-priority.

To solve a), we could just add a new kind of "building" like for example a lake - that would come with 100 living (and thus non-perishable) fish in it when you "build" it. Therefore no need for an extra icon for non- perishable food.

Is that what you'd like to see?

Or maybe buying Magic Potion for one hour only (instead of a minimum of one day) is an option you'd like to have?

Thanks for the input.

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 20/11/17, 10:17pm »
To solve a), we could just add a new kind of "building" like for example a lake - that would come with 100 living (and thus non-perishable) fish in it when you "build" it. Therefore no need for an extra icon for non- perishable food.

Is that what you'd like to see?
Really like that idea; best proposal for a new World item that I've heard of yet. Thumbs up! :)

What you'd also want to determine for this is the other issue I was going to raise about the Wheat fields. How does the lake 'end'?

I mean, when the fish are used up does the lake just stay there, never to be (re)built again? And how will it appear different from a lake with fish... if there are fish it has a ripple or a wave in it, with a smooth look when it doesn't have fish? Or can it be removed altogether and built again after some time has passed or with enough King's Favors?

With the Wheat field I might be missing something, because so far it seems like once we've seeded the field we have to continue indefinitely - the alternative being having a nice customized World with a rotting harvest sitting in the middle of it, which is what we seem to be stuck with now. At least, I haven't been able to find a way to remove or fix.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 29/11/17, 01:32pm »
I can see what you mean.

Does the wheat field rot even if you harvested its content completely?

You are right, the same issue would arise with a lake, although, it would be easy to leave it as is when empty (as a decorative element). It could also be there almost from the start, like the wheat field.

Thanks for your input.

Guest 164586

« Reply #7 on: 29/11/17, 07:22pm »
What about if the lake replenished itself, the way food does? 

It could replenish at a much slower rate.  ex: for every 2 food, 1 fish would appear, or for every 3 food, or 5 food - or some multiple of food, add 1 fish to the lake.

Carter R.

« Reply #8 on: 29/11/17, 08:12pm »
One idea that I have is having an upgrade of King's Favors of a windmill or another natural energy source that produces food as well.

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 30/11/17, 03:37am »
Does the wheat field rot even if you harvested its content completely?
Am not certain, I know it's sitting rotted now. Would have to go through another full cycle to check.

Viewers - anyone in a position to reply to this?

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 01/12/17, 10:38am »
Thanks guys!

Food for thoughts...

...And thoughts for food.

Anita D.

« Reply #11 on: 05/12/17, 03:26am »
Once a wheat field matures, how long do you have to harvest it? It's getting late and I need to get some sleep, but I don't want to top up my food from my field before I quit for the night. (Why am I stressing about virtual crops?! This is why I quit Farmville!! >.<)  For the future is there a way to indicate when the field will be mature and/or how long until it goes bad? Thanks!!

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 05/12/17, 11:54am »
An unweeded field will take 3.5 days to grow. Then you have about 2 days to harvest it.

If the field rots and you don't seed it again, it will go back to an empty state after about 2 weeks (contrary to what was implied earlier in this post).

Thanks for the suggestions! I can understand why it would be useful to see how much time remains before the wheat rots.

Stay on Happy Meeple. It is much better than FarmVille!  :)
« Last Edit: 05/12/17, 11:58am by Happy Meeple »

Guest 152822

« Reply #13 on: 05/12/17, 12:38pm »
If the field rots and you don't seed it again, it will go back to an empty state after about 2 weeks (contrary to what was implied earlier in this post).

Yes, that's finally happened to mine. I wouldn't call it an entirely empty state. Empty, slightly weedy. But much better looking than rotting harvest!  ;)

Haplo

« Reply #14 on: 20/02/18, 12:37am »
I like the lake idea with living fish for food when you want them. I am very unhappy with the wheat field, because I don't want to log on and play every single stinking day! Sorry, but let's be real here! And it's not fair that what I plant is rotten before I can harvest it. Just because I'm away for a few days. There needs to be a better way.