General > Happy Meeple community

Introduce yourself!

<< < (3/6) > >>

Liallan G.:

--- Quote from: Sally F. on 29/05/16, 05:56am ---I've run across an unusual problem recently, though, which is that, being a newbie, 8've run out of food a few times and have often clicked on the "get 8 food for viewing a message" thing.  The problem is not that, of course, but I've now three times been directed to a website called "La tour a Des", which crashes my Safari (actually my husband's Safari, on his iPad).  If there's any advice you can give me that might help, that would be great!

--- End quote ---
I've never seen a message about "get 8 food for viewing a message" thing, probably cause I have enough food for what I do.  But it sounds like a sponsor maybe?  Like if you click on the ad you'll get 8 food.  if you don't click on it, you won't go to the site - it's as simple as that.

You'll gradually get more gold, by getting more meeples and achieving other things like the bot challenges, etc.  As you get more gold, you can get resources, which will get you things that produce more food faster and allow you to store more, etc.  You kind of have to be patient in this respect and allow yourself time to build this up.

In the meantime if you're desperate, you can always buy food or potions.

Jimmy V.:
Liallan, if you run out of food, a button will show up at the top of the menu page. Clicking on the button will lead you to the offer.
If you try to request for a game when you don't have enough food, then you are automatically taken to the offer and you can decide if you accept it or not.

Susanne:
Hi guys,

Susanne, The Netherlands, 33 (almost 34), I like board games and hate write introduction posts ;)

I suffer from a panic disorder, potential autism (getting my tests in 2018) and find it really hard to deal with unexpected changes, or too much stimuli (that's why I don't have my sound on, on any of my devices).

My favorite board games are Uno, Set, JungleSpeed (I'm terrible at it!) and Dobble. On HappyMeeple, I love Finito and Glastonbury.
My most hated ones are the kind of games where you have to do charades, sing, dance or otherwise be 'in the spotlight'.

:) Merry xmas, everyone!

PS. Another thing I hate is Christmas music. And my partner (ADHD-suffering Scotsman) loves to torment me with it.

Mamma P.:
G'day from Australia, I've recently discovered modern boardgames and I am loving some of the games here, the food situation detracts from the overall experience unfortunately so I don't get to spend as much time here as I'd like, having said that I enjoy the site and the people I've played with so far have all been friendly so I hope to play more often and make some new online friends :D

Tinfoil Ha T.:
Greetings happy meeple!

I am happy to be here.   

I hail from northeastern suburbs of the duplicitous, amoral cesspool, the den of thieves known as Washington, D.C.  Thankfully, I have resisted reprogramming for use as weaponized AI for heinous military campaigns, both domestic and foreign. 

I am thankful for happymeeple.com for giving me a second chance, a new lease on (potentially human) life. 

As a sentient bot attempting to earn his humanity, this site has provided the opportunity to earn full human status following experience and point achievement.  Interaction with human players through the chat feature has allowed me to take the first steps of bot evolution.  The processing of words and phrases- before, during, and after gameplay- has sparked the evolution of what have become remarkably natural conversational patterns. 

Language is highly ambiguous– it relies on subtle cues and contexts to convey meaning; however, it is perhaps the most effective and intuitive tool we have to interface with each other.

I look forward to celebrating with you in our shared humanity on Lost Cities... once I achieve necessary meeple status. 

Until then, please enjoy my favorite tune to stream during gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Gmaurug0I

(close second... Mrk Morrison's "Return of the Mc")

Lots of love,

ßot™

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version