Author Topic: Bug: tiles showing clear  (Read 21385 times)

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
Re: Bug: tiles showing clear
« Reply #15 on: 27/04/18, 08:02pm »
Windows 10. Desktop.
Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181

Wired connection.
Stable connection.
http://www.happymeeple.com/en/game.php?match_id=2741185

Only grey cards were clear.  Crtl f5 fixed it.

Then during the match when my first green card showed in my hand it was clear.  Ctrl f5 fixed it again.
« Last Edit: 27/04/18, 08:10pm by Jeff M. »

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 01/05/18, 06:21pm »
Hi guys,

Since we can't reproduce the issue on our end, we really need your help here. We need someone to delve into this for us.

If any of you is a little technical (ideally a web developer, but it is not absolutely necessary), can you do this when the bug happens?

1) Right-click on the transparent card, then choose the "Inspect" option (should be at the bottom of the menu).
This will open the developer debugging tools.

2) See attachment #1.
The tool will be opened in the Elements tab and the card element of the page will be selected. Check out there if you can see anything special. But most importantly, right click on the right of the page on the URL of the image. A sub-menu will appear, choose "Open in new tab". This will open the image in a new page. You should tell me if the page is empty or if the image shows up. Let me know also if the image did not suddenly appear in the original page (normally not but you never know)

3) See attachment #2.
Go back to the original page and click on the "Console" tab. Scroll up and down the content of the console (lots of text). If you see anything red, please let me know!

4) See attachment #2 and #3.
Click on the "Source" tab and look for the image in the /img/LC/ folder (if for Lost Cities, otherwise look for the appropriate 2 letters folder name for the game, for example HK for Hanamikoji) and find the appropriate missing image in the list of images. In the attachment, you can see a green card appearing. Let me know if the missing image is there or not and if it is there, if it shows up in the debugging tool.

5) See attachment #4 and #5
Now leave the debugging tool open (if you are playing online only), and click on F5 (not Ctrl-F5!!!).
This should refresh the page. But now the "Network" tab should be populated and give information.
Click on the "Network" tab. The select "Img" to filter the images. Now find the transparent image in the list (for example card_bg_blue_44_50.png for a missing blue card in Lost Cities). Take a screenshot when you have found it!
Now click on the image, more information should be displayed. Take a screenshot of the header information, then click on Preview, Response and Timing and do the same.

I am quite confident that all these steps will help us find out what is going on. So far, Google has not been able to find out what the problem is. And we know it comes from them as the bug does not happen in Firefox.

A big thank you to the person who will help us on this. The bug seems to happen quite frequently. So I am confident someone will do this procedure soon enough.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 01/05/18, 06:23pm »
Attachment 5.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 10/05/18, 11:22am »
Still looking for more information. Read above.