Author Topic: Hanamikoji released  (Read 9589 times)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Hanamikoji released
« on: 14/12/17, 01:13pm »
We are very happy to release today a minimalist Japanese game called HANAMIKOJI.

The game has received excellent reviews all over the world, so you should not miss it.

Very simple rules, but a lot of depth.

A perfect game for our platform.

Enjoy!

PS: As we have changed quite a few things in our code to be able to develop Hanamikoji, this has affected other games. We hope that there won't be any bug as a result, but cannot try every possible case. So keep an eye while playing and if there is anything unusual, please let us know! Lost Cities, Migrato, Glastonbury are the games most likely to be affected if any.

Guest 164586

Re: Hanamikoji released
« Reply #1 on: 14/12/17, 02:27pm »
Looks like a good game!

I am confused by one thing, though  (probably confused by more than one ;D).  - But for now, scoring the Trade-off marker has me baffled:

Choose  2  cards  from  your  hand,  and  place  them  face-down under  the  Trade-off  marker. These cards will
not be scored  in this round.

1. If the game is won in the first round, are the points from these cards completely lost?
2. When are these points added in?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Hanamikoji released
« Reply #2 on: 14/12/17, 02:53pm »
Hi, The cards that you choose for the Concealment action are not offered to any geisha. They are just hidden completely for the round. I say for the round as the cards are put back in the deck of 21 cards at the beginning of a new round.

Essentially, out of the 21 cards, 16 are given to the geishas each round (4 are hidden via Concealment and the last card from the deck is not dealt).

For the sake of completeness, we used the term Concealment for the 2nd action rather than "Trade-off" that you found in the English PDF rules online. That's because we felt it was more accurate than "Trade-off".

I hope this clarifies it all.