Author Topic: Can't Complete Hexroller Challenge  (Read 6612 times)

Austin C.

Can't Complete Hexroller Challenge
« on: 29/08/21, 11:45am »
I'm confused how I'm supposed to complete the tutorial challenge under Bonuses for Hexroller. It only allows me to use the "Place 2" Bonus, but it's asking me to use all bonuses. I tried completing it by using just the "Place 2" Bonus, but it said that I failed the challenge because I had unused bonuses. Am I missing something?

Meri R.

Re: Can't Complete Hexroller Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 29/08/21, 09:13pm »
If it's the one I'm thinking of (and it might not be, it's been a while), then it confused me too. It's just poorly worded. You have to use all the bonuses, but you can only use one per selection round, and it uses the "Place 2" bonus as an example; so, you need to use the Place 2 when it says, but also then use the other bonuses in subsequent rounds before the end of that tutorial game.

Austin C.

« Reply #2 on: 30/08/21, 05:08am »
Hmm I'm still not seeing the other bonuses in subsequent rounds. The tutorial instruction even says "The other ones will be active at later stages", which looks to mean that it's unavailable for this entire tutorial game, which is what I'm seeing.

Eddy V.

« Reply #3 on: 30/08/21, 07:28am »
Hi Austin

The bonuses are only available at certain points during the round.

You can use the Place 2 bonus so long as you are not playing down another group of numbers at that exact time. So it is active/lit up/available
a) before you click on a group of dice; and
b) after you have finished placing a group of dice and clicked the green tick; and
c) after you have finished placing your second group of dice for the round and before you click on End Round
so long as you have not used one of the other bonus tiles in that round.

The +1 bonus tile is active when you have completed placing a group of dice set and before you click on the green tick. Once you click on the green tick it becomes inactive again. Again it is only available if you have not used one of the other bonus tiles in that round.

The place a third group of dice bonus is available after you have finished placing two groups of dice (including ticking the green tick) and before you click on End Round. And, like the other bonuses, you can't play it if you have already used a bonus in that round.

I understand your frustration. I hope the above explanation clarifies things.

Cheers

Eddy

Austin C.

« Reply #4 on: 30/08/21, 09:09am »
Ahh I see, thanks a lot Eddy! That really clears things up.