Author Topic: The similar appearance of Carto and Glaston  (Read 4792 times)

Marlene H.

The similar appearance of Carto and Glaston
« on: 16/11/20, 12:19am »
This is the second time I joined a Glastonbury by mistake. 

I enter the Inn see an open table for what on first glance looks like Cartographers.  I jump in as quickly as I can, because once the Europeans log out for the night, it's very hard to get a game.

I jump in and discover I have just wasted 10 food on a game I don't want to play.  My food is so low, that even if I go view an ad, I still won't have enough food for the game I want.

As I said, this is the second time it has happened to me.  I am frustrated.  There is nothing I can do here that I want to do.
So I have to leave.

Very discouraging.

Benoît V.

Re: The similar appearance of Carto and Glaston
« Reply #1 on: 16/11/20, 08:05am »
I agree.. Same mistake at once!

Trev C.

« Reply #2 on: 16/11/20, 10:23pm »
I came here for Cartographers, but Glastonbury is growing  on me - it's a neat little game.
 8)

Marlene H.

« Reply #3 on: 17/11/20, 12:40am »
I came here for Cartographers, but Glastonbury is growing  on me - it's a neat little game.
 8)

Glastonbury is a fine game.  I've played and enjoyed it many times.

But these days I am intrigued (seduced/obsessed/driven to the brink of insanity) by Cartographers and want to play that.
Given they are both pretty expensive games, it's horribly disappointing to end up in the wrong one, and have all your food knocked to smithereens.

Probably if it weren't for the fact that we have to have food to be able to play, then it wouldn't make much difference whether I landed in a Glastonbury by mistake.  I'd just play the Glaston and then play Carto next.

But when it means I probably can't play the game I want for an hour, or the rest of the night, if its late.  Then it matters a whole lot.

I realize HM is using the cover design from the games.  But maybe it would be possible to make the Glaston color a bit lighter, and the Carto color a bit darker.    Something so they are not so much alike.
Or maybe if the colors can't be changed, a warning pops up telling the person this is Glaston.  Is this the game you want?  (or Carto in case someone prefers Glaston)

Alex B.

« Reply #4 on: 17/11/20, 01:34am »
Agreed. I accidentally joined a game of Glastonbury as well, hoping for Cartographers.  An expensive mistake!