Author Topic: Problems trying to register account  (Read 9765 times)

Guest 164586

Problems trying to register account
« on: 20/01/18, 12:37am »
I had decided to register my guest account, but hesitated for two reasons.  I do not wish to state them here.  I tried to send a PM the the Happy Meeple Admin - but was not able to send the note.

I then ran into a problem trying to send this note.   I can't read all of the verification letters.  I see some, but I'm confused by one or two of them.  And I can't hear anything when trying to listen to the letters.  Tried using the solution, and it downloaded something on to my computer that I can't figure out how to use.

I will just keep trying.  Hopefully one of them will be clear enough that I can get it right.

And I don't understand the verification questions.  One of them said something like
12-10:
What is that?  Am I supposed to pick the number of letters in the verification code?  If so the numbers don't match.

Sheesh - this seems a lot harder than it ought to be.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
Re: Problems trying to register account
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/18, 10:46am »
Your message sound genuine. At first, I thought it was an automated post like we something receive.

There are no verification letters or verification questions on Happy Meeple. I don't know where you were redirected (hacked or something?) but this had nothing to do with Happy Meeple.

Guest 164586

« Reply #2 on: 20/01/18, 01:02pm »
Just realized my post here is misleading, or at least confusing. 

It's because I copy pasted part of the post from the message I tried, but was unable to send, when I first clicked on the link to the Happy Meeple profile link for the Senior Admin. 

The opening sentence was typed directly into this post:

I had decided to register my guest account, but hesitated for two reasons.  I do not wish to state them here.  I tried to send a PM the the Happy Meeple Admin - but was not able to send the note.

The remainder of my post was simply a copy paste of the end of the note I tried to send:

I then ran into a problem trying to send this note.   I can't read all of the verification letters.  I see some, but I'm confused by one or two of them.  And I can't hear anything when trying to listen to the letters.  Tried using the solution, and it downloaded something on to my computer that I can't figure out how to use.

I will just keep trying.  Hopefully one of them will be clear enough that I can get it right.

And I don't understand the verification questions.  One of them said something like
12-10:
What is that?  Am I supposed to pick the number of letters in the verification code?  If so the numbers don't match.

Sheesh - this seems a lot harder than it ought to be.

When I originally typed it, I thought I'd eventually be able to get it to work.  But after several failed attempts, I gave up, and came here to make the post.  I was a bit frustrated and tired of trying to type out the explanation, so I just copied the part from the end of my failed attempts at sending the PM.  But it makes it sound like I had those problems trying to post on the forum.  That's not the case.

Sorry for the confusion.    All of that stuff happened when I was trying to send a PM to Happy Meeple Sr Admin, from the Happy Meeple profile page.

(sheesh!  It still sounds confusing.  I hope it makes a bit more sense to you.)

Suus V.

« Reply #3 on: 20/01/18, 02:52pm »
Nope, Guest164586, your question does not make ANY sense. To register, just click 'standard login', than 'register' and you fill out email, password, first and last name. That is all :)

I don't know where you see these verification codes and all?

Susanne

« Reply #4 on: 20/01/18, 02:54pm »
Sorry, that was me replying. I just registered a second account to try my theory and then I accidentally posted my reply with it.

Still confused, though :)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20/01/18, 06:18pm »
I think I get it now. You tried to contact Happy Meeple via our forum profile. This is unusual. We have received 2 or 3 emails this way only.

I can't comment on the captcha (verification) thing as I have never tried sending a private message via the forum (I will certainly).

The easiest and best way to contact us is to use the contact form. If you don't remember its address, you can always reach it easily by clicking on the little grey pen at the top of the menu page (above the green dice).