Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 47484 times)

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #15 on: 08/02/18, 07:05am »
I find it very distracting having popups telling me about new messages at the inn while I am playing. I understand some people might want these if they are looking out for a friend, but the ability to toggle them off would be great.

Good point. Nobody really complained about that, but I was sure this would come up at some point. Anyone else annoyed by this?

It wasn't really a complaint
http://www.happymeeple.com/forum/happy-meeple-community/notification-placement-has-changed/
but I'd noted that the popups were overlaying gameplay after they'd been repositioned. Agree that a toggle option would be nice. They can become irritating at times.

Geraldine M.

« Reply #16 on: 09/02/18, 08:07am »
As we have quite a few multilingual players here, what about allowing multiple language flags?

(I noticed in the Spanish forum someone was saying she was worried she was the only Spanish speaker: if she had been looking for those who are reasonably fluent, not just thiose for whom Spanish is a first language, she would have had more options.)

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 09/02/18, 10:53am »
Thanks for the idea. We'll keep that in mind.

Guest 164586

« Reply #18 on: 09/02/18, 07:21pm »
It would be nice to be able to see the mean, median and mode of the scores for each of the games. 

Also it would be nice to be able to scroll rather than advance or retreat by only +5 or - 5.  On my own, I've been trying to get the median for each of the games.  It's excruciating to try to find it for the very popular games.  Lost Cities has 3826 players.  From where I currently stand, I have to click a +5  about 248 times.

My weeping fingers beg for your help. :'(

Thank you for your consideration. :)

Ellie P.

« Reply #19 on: 13/02/18, 10:53pm »
I'm new to Happy Meeple and loving it! I do have to agree about the gender-specific pronoun. Often board gaming can feel unwelcoming to women and something as simple as using gender-neutral "they/their" would go a long way in showing inclusivity, especially when it comes up regularly in the tutorials. I see more and more instruction books that come with board games using non gender-specific pronouns, even in complicated games.

Worth looking into, if you're not able to change existing tutorials, you might consider it for future games.

Susanne

« Reply #20 on: 14/02/18, 11:23am »
I am not bothered, but another player was a while ago when I was also online. I suggested for him to close the chat by clicking the cross, but not sure if that is really the best solution :)

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: 28/02/18, 08:05pm »
In a Level X thread it was noted:

for Level X, the only game where it has a significant importance, we indicate the first player with (1).

Turn order is quite important in Glastonbury too. I haven't been able to discern a turn order indicator there and it has often been consequential in gameplay. IMO an indicator is definitely needed.

A consistent turn order indicator on each game would be the way to go, whether it's important or not. If we were playing on a tabletop we would always know who goes first.  ;)

(I hadn't noticed the Level X indicator either until that thread last month pointed it out... the font is so small it seemed a speck of monitor dust if anything.)

Carter R.

« Reply #22 on: 28/02/18, 08:10pm »
In a Level X thread it was noted:

for Level X, the only game where it has a significant importance, we indicate the first player with (1).

Turn order is quite important in Glastonbury too. I haven't been able to discern a turn order indicator there and it has often been consequential in gameplay. IMO an indicator is definitely needed.

A consistent turn order indicator on each game would be the way to go, whether it's important or not. If we were playing on a tabletop we would always know who goes first.  ;)

(I hadn't noticed the Level X indicator either until that thread last month pointed it out... the font is so small it seemed a speck of monitor dust if anything.)

Also what the opponent last played in all games that are possible because sometimes I look away for two seconds and I have to backtrack

Jamie A.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 28/02/18, 08:42pm »
A consistent turn order indicator on each game would be the way to go

Lol - I just accidentally proved out my own comment.  8) 

After the above post I went back to play Glastonbury and suddenly wondered if the turn order indicator was supposed to be when the pawn first selected a corner. I suspect it is. I hadn't previously noticed this because I kept looking for something more consistent with the Level X indicator - a fixed marker.

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 28/02/18, 10:12pm »
Hi there! I just came across a need and thought I'd share in hopes it will become a feature.

I wanted to message two folks some information at the same time that they both should be able to comment on.  I discovered that I can't open private chat with 2 people.  (or maybe I don't know how :)   )

While the community chat is fine for some stuff, I don't want to spam it with personal info or there I times, when I would just like to chat with a small group of players.

Groups or group chats might be the way to go?

Jeremy J.

« Reply #25 on: 05/04/18, 06:00pm »
Hey,

I was wondering if there was any way that we can resize and reorder our chat boxes, if there was an option to pop the box out of the page completely that would be even better.

Really I would like a way to reorder their position. Maybe something like a drag and drop or the ability to move the chat box up/down by one.

Thanks for taking time to consider it.

Thanks

Jeremy

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 08/05/19, 09:29am »
I note here a few feature requests that were discussed recently.

1) Be able to report a player and never be matched with them again
2) Be able to send the transcript of a chat discussion to admins
3) Magic Potion user could have the option to :
3a) request a game against bots-only
3b) start a game against a bot immediately
4) Playing against a Magic Potion player would cost no food or little food

Blackshift

« Reply #27 on: 08/05/19, 04:56pm »
Hi,

If this is a relevant place for this, I would add all things related to ways to terminate a game early.
- Automatic, no penalty, if playing against a bot (they won't get frustrated if their human opponents has to leave midway through a game).
- By bilateral agreement if playing against another human.
Also :
- better stability for game (so that a temporary slow down of the connection does not cost the game)
- no penalty when game crashed/interrupted for technical reasons.

Jimmy V.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 10/05/19, 10:59am »
Blackshift,

Thanks for your feedback.
1) It is next to impossible to determine if a disconnection is due to circumstances that are not under player's control. So we don't have many other ways to count an aborted game. It is just a loss.
2) You may be happy to learn that since we allowed page refresh (for the online mode only) a connection issue should not be an issue in most cases. Just refresh the page if you get stuck and the game should restart nicely. It will not work though if your loss of connection lasts more than 45 seconds.
3) We are about to update the platform with the new "Resign" button that will mostly do what you are asking for (but not the bilateral agreement though).

Haplo

« Reply #29 on: 10/05/19, 10:58pm »
I like it! So nice to be able to easily quit a game now. Thank you!