Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 47421 times)

Jeff M.

• Global Moderator
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #30 on: 16/09/19, 02:39am »
A request that might encourage more player to player games, is be able to pay food on behalf of a friend to play against in a match. 

Geraldine M.

« Reply #31 on: 29/02/20, 10:40pm »
I note here a few feature requests that were discussed recently.

1) Be able to report a player and never be matched with them again

Yes, sadly we need this for the tiny number of offensive players on this site.

Nate P.

• Global Moderator
Feature requests
« Reply #32 on: 28/04/20, 04:48am »
Can you create an American Flag (instead of just the Union Jack)?

Geraldine M.

« Reply #33 on: 30/10/20, 07:09am »
In games that 'should' be fast, like Lost Cities and Finito, there is a tiny minority of players who tend to play really slowly.I would LOVE the opportunity either to click 'never match me with this player again' or to choose between 'fast' and 'slow' play when opening a table (e.g. 1 min per turn/2 mins per turn, or better still a total time allowed for all of each player's moves).

I realise all of the above would probably create some coding difficulties, but it would be SO nice. Filtering out extremely slow players is much more of a priority for me than  filtering by ranking.

Waiting occasionally while someone thinks is fine, but when almost every action by my opponent takes more than a minute, the game ceases to be fun for me. Not sure if others find it as frustrating as I do...

Carl

« Reply #34 on: 30/10/20, 02:56pm »
In games that 'should' be fast, like Lost Cities and Finito, there is a tiny minority of players who tend to play really slowly.I would LOVE the opportunity either to click 'never match me with this player again' or to choose between 'fast' and 'slow' play when opening a table (e.g. 1 min per turn/2 mins per turn, or better still a total time allowed for all of each player's moves).

This applies for Cartographers as well. It would be nice to agree on a single standard time setting. E.g. 30 seconds per move + 2 mins reserve time for whole game, or 10 minutes for the whole game. I think having a base time per move helps since it will make time-outs less likely.

Alex B.

« Reply #35 on: 29/03/21, 07:31pm »
I would like to be able to do more with victory points.  Maybe modify other buildings than the houses (like the castle)?  Maybe trade in 4 houses for a hotel, like Monopoly, and modify that?  Maybe put something in the water?

Hugo M.

Re: Feature requests - Houses
« Reply #36 on: 25/04/21, 02:39am »
Hi, when I get new houses for new Meeples I don't want to place them any more because I like it how it is (and not fuller). I found the possibility to refrain new buildings but it's annoying:
- there is always a red icon blinking on the main page
- each time I'm in my world for weeding and harvesting grain the buildings pop up, also when I replace streets and granarys.
Could You please make a contrary behaviour - that someone who don't place new houses immediately after getting the new Meeple sees an option in the world to add the refrained houses later (or a check field in the "new Meeple"-dialogue box to refrain them). And I'd like to remove one redundant house that I placed before I realised this refrain-function ...

Thanks for Happy Meeple with it's games, worlds, score lists, tutorials and chats!

Mike A.

« Reply #37 on: 25/05/21, 12:24pm »
Please come up with a way that allows players back in games that they get booted from. It's really, really frustrating when it's the site's problem and not on my end. We have ten minutes per turn, so why not allow players at least half of that to close out, sign back in and get back in the game? It's maddening to lose food and rating when the site gets stuck and forces a loss.

Mike A.

« Reply #38 on: 02/06/21, 06:53am »
It would also be nice to have all-time high ratings for each game listed, both for the individual and site.

Wm M.

Re: Feature requests (Ability to "watch" a game?)
« Reply #39 on: 13/08/21, 01:59pm »
Would it be possible (and of interest to other people) to be able to "watch" a game while it's in progress?

As a fairly weak Cartographers player, it would be fantastic to watch -- and learn from! -- games between more skilled players.

I realize there would be a lot of complications to figure out, but I'm curious whether it's something you've ever considered.

Hugo M.

Re: Feature requests - King's favours
« Reply #40 on: 01/10/21, 01:18am »
Hi, I've now over 5000 King's favours (Majestätspunkte) and don't know what to do with them. I like my houses and gardens as they are (don't like golden roofs). Like Alex B. wrote please implement the ability to configure/upgrade the castle as well. Or a ship in the water. Or additional buildings, perhaps a lighthouse or a windmill. Or beach chairs, or (Raging Bull-) sheeps ...

Another thing: May you please it possible to configure the ground of empty fields like them from houses? I'd like to "floor" my market place  :D

Thanks for this nice personal world maps and your endeavours.

UPDATE 18.09.2022:
I've now exact 10.000 King's favours (crowns)!! Still don't know what to do with them ...
I wish a big castle or animals for the sheeds behind the houses or a habour or a swamill for the surrounding wood! please...
Of course I'd help testing it  ;D

2nd UPDATE 17.08.2023:
Again 11 months later, again 5000 King's favours more (15.001 crowns).
Too bad that nothing was improved, new created.   :'(
Still would testing it ...  :)
« Last Edit: 17/08/23, 10:07pm by Hugo M. »

Hugo M.

« Reply #41 on: 30/08/22, 02:00am »
I just found a bonus/lucky card with 10 pieces of wood - thanks Happy Meeple!  :D
In the beginning I figured out (with help from others) that with a Grocery (6 pieces of wood) one's able to buy food in units smaller than 4 - a single food portion. (Not that a game will be cheaper itself.) I rarely have used this because mostly I can wait a few minutes until the counter reached zero and gave me a new unit or I took 38 coins at once.

What I really would enjoy: When it's been possible to buy magic food in portions smaller than one day! For example half a day or eight hours or four hours (or even smaller).
I rarely have time to play 24 hours at a strech (only when I got my first magic potion "1 day"-lucky card  ;D) so it would be really nice to use a grocery to buy small(er) units of magic potion for a few hours "excessive" play of single player games or a bunch of 'expensive' games (e.g. Carto).

Thanks for all the great games here!